Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
NutJob

Re: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Post by NutJob »

5angel wrote:
Decayer wrote:
5angel wrote:How do I make a correct multi-floor castle level? The walls on another floor appear to be too [damn] high.
Edit the map properties and set module height to 4.
wat
It works.
Is there's some twisted logic behind this?
Wait to have your mind blown when you find out arrays start a one! I mean, who starts counting there (1) when it's a possibility to have none (0)! ~mind blown~ ha!
5angel

Post by 5angel »

No, thank you, I do coding for life and is pretty familiar with standart things (:

Ok, I didn't pay attention to what module height did. After some testing I finally got it. Still, it's not that straightforward, really.
Jackard

Post by Jackard »

Apparently that setting refers to the height (in meters) of each cell in the level. Normal walls are 3m high, castle walls are 4m.
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

How do I unset/remove a sound from an object that makes sound?

This works!

Code: Select all

leverOfYanking.lever:setSound("")
BUT it also triggers a console error msg: "warning: no such sample" when I yank my lever. I tried nil, no deal.
Lark

Post by Lark »

I had the same problem, so rather than fight it, I created a sound called "none" and recorded .001 seconds of silence. Silly, I suppose, but It works. -Lark
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

Lark wrote:I had the same problem, so rather than fight it, I created a sound called "none" and recorded .001 seconds of silence. Silly, I suppose, but It works. -Lark
Was just looking up how to do that; the format, how to define, and where to put it. Been entrenched with scripting I've not paid any attention how to do that, yet.
Lark

Post by Lark »

Here's the file https://ntg.missouristate.edu/images/lark/none.wav and the definition. The .wav file goes in your mod_assets\sounds directory and the definition goes in mod_assets\scripts\sounds.lua (or wherever you want to include it.) -Lark

defineSound{
  name = "none",
  filename = "mod_assets/sounds/none.wav",
  loop = false,
  volume = 1,
  minDistance = 1,
  maxDistance = 1,
  }	
Hey - I got some models imported! See viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8173&start=10! :D
cameronC

Post by cameronC »

Ok. I can't get removeCondition to work. (Or regainHealth, for that matter.)

All I'm doing is calling

champion:removeCondition(condition)
from an onReceiveCondition hook. calling champion:regainHealth(number) also does not trigger. Is there something I'm missing?
Writer and sometimes artist of the very slightly acclaimed comic series Scrambled Circuits. A comic series about a robot written by a human.

Grimrock 2 socketSystem: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8546 / Github
The cube

Post by The cube »

How to change the ambient track playing in the dungeon level?
Last edited by The cube on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

Lark wrote:Here's the file
Wow! Thank you very much for the asset and rundown on how to set it up! Now I can have "broken" levers until the party fixes the "mechanism," then I'll put the lever sound back in after they do. Such a wild imagination, right? ~chuckles~
Lark wrote:Hey - I got some models imported! See viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8173&start=10! :D
If I could hear you I would listen, but I guess I'll just go read your accomplishment instead. ha!

Thanks,
Matt