1.1.4 Patch Progress

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
petri

1.1.4 Patch Progress

Post by petri »

Hi there!

I just started working on the first patch. Since this might be interesting to some of you, I'm posting progress reports on how the patch is doing.

Done:
- vsync is enabled by default
- borderless windows are no longer topmost
- pressing ESC closes character sheet
- fixed unlimited frost arrow exploit
- improved display resolution auto-detection at first launch
- fixed a couple of typos and broken english
- removed check that disables high texture resolution setting when running low on video memory (some graphics drivers seem to report available video memory incorrectly)
- quick save/load
- volume sliders
- to avoid confusion autosave & quicksave slots can't be renamed anymore
- adjusted gui layout and camera fov so that user interface elements do not overlap with important screen areas on non-widescreen displays
- invert horizontal mouse option
- camera bobbing option (only available by editing the config file manually)
- configurable tooltip delay (only available by editing the config file manually)
- frame rate limiter (set to 120fps but can be changed by editing the config file)
- custom character portraits
- bug fix: very long map marker notes without spaces in them causes the automap to crash
- bug fix: editing a map marker that is on the same exact spot as a marker on the other map page edits them both at the same time
- bug fix: map labels are sometimes drawn partially underneath map symbols
- bug fix: topmost menu item doesn't work reliably in high resolutions such as 2560x1440
- bug fix: wall text translations are not dismissed when right-clicking
- bug fix: inanimate objects can be backstabbed
- bug fix: projectiles go through doors in some very rare cases
- bug fix: saving the game crashes if all save game slots are full and the autosave slot is deleted or unused
- bug fix: Fighter's Challenge doesn't open if there's an item in front of the door (only applies to new games, existing save games still have this bug)
- bug fix: saving the game just after the end fight creates a corrupted save that can lead to crashes and the end sequence not getting triggered correctly
- bug fix: auto pickup doesn't pick up the correct amount of ammo in some rare circumstances
- bug fix: standing on stairs and turning with the mouse, followed by a turn using q/e keys is buggy
- bug fix: when a monster is damaged, experience point text sometimes (very rarely) flash in a square where a monster has been killed
- bug fix: trying to load a save game that has just been deleted manually from the file system (e.g. in Windows explorer) crashes the game

Work in progress:
- Building the patch
Jack Dandy

Re: 1.1.4 Patch Progress

Post by Jack Dandy »

Thanks. :)
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

These guys sure know how to give you good quality after sales service. ;)

I have browsed around and virtually everybody seems to love LOG. I don't think I have ever seen that with a game for a very long time.
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
FloorBelow

Post by FloorBelow »

"pressing ESC closes character sheet"

The amount of times I have accidentally paused while trying to do this...
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

petri wrote: Work in progress: - Lunch!
Mmm now that sounds like a worthwhile task! Hope you had something tasty! :D

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
cokebottle

Post by cokebottle »

Delicious slices of giant dungeon snail, lightly buttered! Mmmm.
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

Nice!

What are your thoughts on implementing something like this? It was also suggested in another thread.
antti

Post by antti »

Mameluk wrote:Nice!

What are your thoughts on implementing something like this? It was also suggested in another thread.
We have played around with the idea during development a little and one problem with that is that the character frames end up overlapping with the floor area where items can be manipulated in. The magnitude of the problem depends on the aspect ratio the player uses.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

antti wrote: We have played around with the idea during development a little and one problem with that is that the character frames end up overlapping with the floor area where items can be manipulated in. The magnitude of the problem depends on the aspect ratio the player uses.
Then how about the top side of the screen? :)
Nwardezir

Post by Nwardezir »

Mameluk wrote:
antti wrote: We have played around with the idea during development a little and one problem with that is that the character frames end up overlapping with the floor area where items can be manipulated in. The magnitude of the problem depends on the aspect ratio the player uses.
Then how about the top side of the screen? :)
Just provide an option lock/unlock GUI Elements - [Default] so user can unlock all GUI elements, have them floating and put them anywhere they want, then lock them :)
And by clicking Default, they just reset and move to the usual original place.

All problem solved, everybody is happy, left handed, right handed, small resolutions, big resolution, eyefinity etc.
Last edited by Nwardezir on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Started roaming dungeons back in 1980 ... I guess I lost somewhere cause I'm still roaming today :mrgreen: