Ratling boss possible bug

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
tantalan

Ratling boss possible bug

Post by tantalan »

I will put this in spoiler because it is kind of guide how to beat ratling boss in sewers very easyly but i found one bug in this solution.
SpoilerShow
In sewers, where is the Ratling BOSS i did this. I went to the room the door closed behind me. I found a lot of ratlings and their BOSS. The health bar with the ratling BOSS showed. I paniced picked up the bronze key and ran to the door put the key in a lock and went back to sewers. After that i could kill ratlings that came out of the room easily. BUT the health bar of the ralting BOSS disapeard so i didnt know if i am still killing the boss or not. I tried for some time to do the damage to the boss but he didnt die - he has a lot of health. So i loaded saved game and killed everything in the room. So what i think is a bug that the health bar of the BOSS disapears when you go out of the room. It should show again when the BOSS comes closer to you.
Dr.Disaster

Re: Ratling boss possible bug

Post by Dr.Disaster »

SpoilerShow
The health bar displayed for this encounter represents all ratlings inside the lair, not just the big guy. My guess about the disappearance of the bar is that you left the combat zone of the boss fight.
tantalan

Post by tantalan »

SpoilerShow
Yeah that is true. But what i want to say is, that when i reenter it should show again to see how many health is left for the boss. But it doesnt really mind. What i was afraid of was, that when the health bar disapeard that i end the boss fight in some way. But i think not. Because i saw somebodys post on youtube where he showed the same tactics as i mentioned.
Lyverbe

Post by Lyverbe »

tantalan wrote:I will put this in spoiler because it is kind of guide how to beat ratling boss in sewers very easyly but i found one bug in this solution.
Seriously, has anyone been able to defeat that boss any other way? I found it way too hard otherwise.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Lyverbe wrote:Seriously, has anyone been able to defeat that boss any other way? I found it way too hard otherwise.
SpoilerShow
Aye and a very simple approach too.
Have a bunch of frost bombs ready (3-6), lure the big guy towards you i.e. right at the door, freeze him as soon as he shows up and them unleash hell upon him: melee, ranged,spells, fire/lighting/poison bombs, anything you got. When he unfreezes just toss in another frost bomb and repeat until he's down. Grab his key, open the door and then deal with the rest of the bunch.
Vardis

Post by Vardis »

I just sat back and tanked him on hard. He'd get a hit in, I'd have a charged hit of my best weapon, everyone else attacks, I forcefield him again, heal up, and charge the weapon again. Rinse, repeat.
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I have experienced a similar issue. My post may contain spoilers too.
SpoilerShow
After assembling the meteor hammer and exitting the CM, I was ambushed by that annoying Leprechaum with a cohort of rattlings, including another boss just like the one found in the sewers. I made a fast sprint to the hub teleporter and keep going in and going out of it, killing the unfortunates rattling that were stalking around the teleporter. After clearing up the area a little of enemies, I took care of the leprechaum and I noticed the big rattling boss where nowhere to be found. It is as if he just vanished in thin air. Maybe he got caught at the teleporter, but I doubt it because I couldn't find his weapon anywhere either.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Nyast

Post by Nyast »

For most boss fights, I simply abused force-field to kill all the underlings first, and then once the area was empty ( other than for the boss ), it becomes really easy.
Shadowlordx

Post by Shadowlordx »

I just let the underling ratlings stack on me in a corner, they're so weak i could just tank them and kill all the underlings except one which was in front of the big boss. Using force field on one side makes this even easier. Then once all of them were dead I would kite the boss and kill the last underling. Easiest way to kite that boss is to use ranged and go around the central column, use a ranged attack every time he came in front of me then move. Also spiced it up with invisibility + charged backstabs and such.
petri

Post by petri »

Escaping from the fight is a valid tactic. Not a bug.

The fight can't restart because it could spread all over the level.

Return to “Support and Tech Discussion”