Grimrock 2 Update 2.1.13

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
MasterworkStone

Re: Grimrock 2 Update 2.1.13

Post by MasterworkStone »

Could we please get a bugs thread? I feel it would greatly help keep track of what exists and what has been fixed
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

MasterworkStone wrote:Could we please get a bugs thread? I feel it would greatly help keep track of what exists and what has been fixed
You mean like the ones created by the community for log1? Psy's 1.1.4 bug collection log1.3.7 bug collection

Ps: some of the unfixed things are still relevant for LoG2
Last edited by badhabit on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zaou

Post by Zaou »

About the poison bolt problem, maybe the poison cloud give poison statut to monster? And when the die for it no xp? Just a thought.
MasterworkStone

Post by MasterworkStone »

badhabit wrote:
MasterworkStone wrote:Could we please get a bugs thread? I feel it would greatly help keep track of what exists and what has been fixed
You mean like the ones created by the community for log1? Psy's 1.1.4 bug collection log1.3.7 bug collection

Some of those bugs aren't actually bugs, which is why I would like a thread be made by the devs.
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

MasterworkStone wrote:
badhabit wrote:

Some of those bugs aren't actually bugs, which is why I would like a thread be made by the devs.
Sure some game "behaviour" is debatable (bug or design) while some things are clearly bugs and were even accepted as bugs by the developers but never fixed (e.g. "poison cloud no exp bug", fixed with LOG2 or "magic use restores food bar" etc).

But the point is, these threads were started by the community as the developers made also for LoG1 no thread of that kind.
Dematto

Post by Dematto »

MasterworkStone: Like a "Known Issues" thread? Isn't that sort of what these Update 2.x.x are? A rolling list of fixes?
If there are known issues that aren't being resolved, I'd say either drop em in thread or, as suggested, have someone compile a thread requesting potential bugs. OP can manage the list with flags, like "known", "Fixed", or "Unknown" (to reflect uncertainty regarding whether a behavior is working as intended or not).
I feel as though, in my time on gaming forums, Known Issues threads are almost always managed by the community, rather than the devs. Particularly possible here, given that we retain editting ability for our posts. It would be pretty cake.

Who has some free time?
Heck, I don't even know that the volunteer would have to do it forever. Say something comes up and someone can't manage the thread, or a week passes with no updates. It might be possible for a new volunteer to create a new thread and request the mods merge the old thread into the new, so the new person has list editting power.
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

Dematto wrote:MasterworkStone: Like a "Known Issues" thread? Isn't that sort of what these Update 2.x.x are? A rolling list of fixes?
If there are known issues that aren't being resolved, I'd say either drop em in thread or, as suggested, have someone compile a thread requesting potential bugs. OP can manage the list with flags, like "known", "Fixed", or "Unknown" (to reflect uncertainty regarding whether a behavior is working as intended or not).
I feel as though, in my time on gaming forums, Known Issues threads are almost always managed by the community, rather than the devs. Particularly possible here, given that we retain editting ability for our posts. It would be pretty cake.

Who has some free time?
Heck, I don't even know that the volunteer would have to do it forever. Say something comes up and someone can't manage the thread, or a week passes with no updates. It might be possible for a new volunteer to create a new thread and request the mods merge the old thread into the new, so the new person has list editting power.
hmmm, I was doing it for some time...and I can tell it is not a rewarding task... the developers will not be happy confronted written down with negative aspects of their beloved work and also the community seems to have sometimes tendencies in selective awarness vs unpleasant aspects.

PS: PSY took up now this heavy torch and created a thread 2.1.13 bug collection, thanks! Everyone support him there! :)
Last edited by badhabit on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karinas23

Post by Karinas23 »

Given that my knight had over 400 health at level 15 with vit just over 20 or so id imagine extra health scaling would be ludicrous.
Slynt

Post by Slynt »

Not sure if I should post this in the Tech forum, but as it occured today after the update...
...returning to Nex today, I find the game unplayable. It lags like ...something that really lags...even when I turn everything down to lowest settings.

I had low framerates before when near water, but I could live with that, but now it feels as if the characters are wading in syrup even when in less intensive settings (like dungeons, which I have been able to run with higher settings on).

I checked if the computer was running antivirus or whatever, anything that could be slowing down my precious Rock of Grim 2, but alas!
I weep (manly and mighty) tears.

Edit:
It's actually not so much lag as the whole game seeing to be in slow motion. It's so frustrating! Almost as frustrating as the puzzles.
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

Slynt wrote:Not sure if I should post this in the Tech forum, but as it occured today after the update...
...returning to Nex today, I find the game unplayable. It lags like ...something that really lags...even when I turn everything down to lowest settings.

I had low framerates before when near water, but I could live with that, but now it feels as if the characters are wading in syrup even when in less intensive settings (like dungeons, which I have been able to run with higher settings on).

I checked if the computer was running antivirus or whatever, anything that could be slowing down my precious Rock of Grim 2, but alas!
I weep (manly and mighty) tears.

Edit:
It's actually not so much lag as the whole game seeing to be in slow motion. It's so frustrating! Almost as frustrating as the puzzles.
Do you have some quantitative FPS numbers for these game runs? (debugInfo=true in the grimrock.cfg). I didn't notice a performance change after the update. But about varying performance between Log2 runs, do you have a AMD card? I noticed (with GPU-Z) the strange effect that my GPU seems not always to notice Log2 as running and demanding game where the GPU has to throttle to full clock speed and sticks with half speed... manually forcing with CCC might help if you have this issue too.