Name of "click" sound?

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Ixnatifual

Name of "click" sound?

Post by Ixnatifual »

The name of the sound appears changed from LoG1.

It's a sound that's sometimes used in puzzles. For example the combination lock in the library of Castle Nex.

Does anyone know its new name?
NutJob

Re: Name of "click" sound?

Post by NutJob »

click_down
click_up
^
Maybe
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Already tried those, I'm afraid.
SnowyOwl47

Post by SnowyOwl47 »

To find sounds place a sound object down and type in things and it will help you!

So type in click into the sound thing and if anything shows up thats probably your sound!
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I attempted that approach already, but guessing what it may be called didn't reveal it. I also attempted to go alphabetically, but unfortunately I know of no way to see any search hits that go off-screen, which happens much with broad searches.

Eventually I suppose it will be available through the modding section. I can simply move on and return to the puzzle I need it for later when the information is there.
SnowyOwl47

Post by SnowyOwl47 »

Ixnatifual wrote:I attempted that approach already, but guessing what it may be called didn't reveal it. I also attempted to go alphabetically, but unfortunately I know of no way to see any search hits that go off-screen, which happens much with broad searches.

Eventually I suppose it will be available through the modding section. I can simply move on and return to the puzzle I need it for later when the information is there.
Then there is no click sound I doubted there was one any way you'll have to make one and define the sound in sounds.lua look at the Advanced script reference in this forum that is by me on how to do this.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

There must be one because the game uses it frequently.
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

Ixnatifual wrote:There must be one because the game uses it frequently.
What I was thinking too. It's there, it must be. I wouldn't go making new definitions and sounds... not needed, it's just obviously not obvious what it is.
zeltak

Post by zeltak »

It's the same thing as in LoG1. It's the key_lock sound.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

In my LoG1 scripts I called the "click" sound but "key_lock" works. Thank you.