Is there going to be Legend of Grimrock 3?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
armass81

Is there going to be Legend of Grimrock 3?

Post by armass81 »

If theres a third game, what features would you like to see?
Zo Kath Ra

Re: Is there going to be Legend of Grimrock 3?

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Sarumorpheus

Post by Sarumorpheus »

armass81 wrote:If theres a third game, what features would you like to see?
I love the first game, and the second one even more. I would like to see Almost Human keep improving on Legend of Grimrock further, as they've done, and bring us something even greater (if that's even possible :P) on the third installment.

Many may argue that NPCs could disrupt the atmosphere, but I would like to see huge battles taking place, for instance, with your party being part of an army at some point. That would look fantastic on screen, with the Grimrock animations. Perhaps before becoming a group of mercenaries/prisoners/adventurers/deserters, the heroes are actually part of an army that is eventually defeated, and the first 1/4 of the game or so are spent being part of that military force. Just some food for thought.
snarfalarkus

Post by snarfalarkus »

I'm going to get dozens of hours out of 1 & 2 still

but yes i would scarf down anything else we get

i would like to imagine that 3 (or maybe a new game series) will be a given
Mythtrip

Post by Mythtrip »

Would love to see grimrock 3!!! Don't change too much. There's a game out there called chess, it hasn't changed in 1500 years. Grimrock is near perfect right where it is. Maybe add selling your loot .
any6

Post by any6 »

Sarumorpheus wrote:
armass81 wrote:If theres a third game, what features would you like to see?
Many may argue that NPCs could disrupt the atmosphere, but I would like to see huge battles taking place, for instance, with your party being part of an army at some point. That would look fantastic on screen, with the Grimrock animations. Perhaps before becoming a group of mercenaries/prisoners/adventurers/deserters, the heroes are actually part of an army that is eventually defeated, and the first 1/4 of the game or so are spent being part of that military force. Just some food for thought.
Depends. The Island Master is more or less an NPC that gives you a quest. Same for the stone heads. Adding those increased atmosphere.

An open world also disrupted atmosphere compared to the LoG1 dungeon and it was a great move. If NPCs disrupt the atmosphere for the better, I support it.
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

any6 wrote: Depends. The Island Master is more or less an NPC that gives you a quest. Same for the stone heads. Adding those increased atmosphere.
The Island Master and the stone heads aren't anything new: they're analogues of the Cube's dream-sendings and Toorum's notes in the first game. None of them are the equivalent of conventional interactive NPCs.
any6

Post by any6 »

Neutronium Dragon wrote:
any6 wrote: Depends. The Island Master is more or less an NPC that gives you a quest. Same for the stone heads. Adding those increased atmosphere.
The Island Master and the stone heads aren't anything new: they're analogues of the Cube's dream-sendings and Toorum's notes in the first game. None of them are the equivalent of conventional interactive NPCs.
As I said, they may improve atmosphere for the better.
Jhaelen

Post by Jhaelen »

I want a Grimrock 3, but please make it in 64 bits !
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

I hope LoG3 won't require DirectX 12.
But if it does, I'll install Windows 10 just so I can play LoG3.