Forum Signatures

Announcements and discussion regarding the forums.
ozmiz

Forum Signatures

Post by ozmiz »

May we at some point have the ability to link to a custom signature bar or graphic? As it now there is no ability to do so, therefore signatures or sort of limited in what you can do with it. *Please* :mrgreen:
LoG Survivor!!
Surviving Party: Mino - Fighter, Liz - Rogue, Insect - Mage, Human - Rogue
Jack Dandy

Re: Forum Signatures

Post by Jack Dandy »

I'd rather not. They usually just end up huge and distracting IMO.
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

Jack Dandy wrote:I'd rather not. They usually just end up huge and distracting IMO.
Ditto. I've never understood the point of clouding content with senseless fluff.
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

I concur - no graphical sigs please.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
ozmiz

Post by ozmiz »

Well I stand out-voted by the heavy-weights, but square my shoulders and still stand by my request/petition :oops:
LoG Survivor!!
Surviving Party: Mino - Fighter, Liz - Rogue, Insect - Mage, Human - Rogue
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

The ability to add taglines/sigs is nice though.
Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.
oOldXman

Post by oOldXman »

Size and number of images in signatures could be limited. For example maximum of 2 pictures which together will not be bigger than 700x50p. Signatures are very important form of expression, and thus these should not be limited to 'nothing'.
Ice

Post by Ice »

oOldXman wrote:Size and number of images in signatures could be limited. For example maximum of 2 pictures which together will not be bigger than 700x50p. Signatures are very important form of expression, and thus these should not be limited to 'nothing'.
Limiting it to text which allows for better reading flow from post-to-post, in my opinion, and is not a huge loss in a generally more mature community.
Bargeral

Post by Bargeral »

I don't care much for signatures. And no offence Ozmiz, but your ascii art is just the kind of thing i'd rather loose. It's big, means nothing to the topicat hand and if I've seen it once it just gets in the way. Still it's better than the politics and religion that get snuck in on the teg line. I'd ratherjust avoid tthem all.

My 0.02
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Frankly, In our forums we apply the following rule with great success.

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you are however, permitted both text and images;
  1. For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are frowned upon. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  2. For a signature image: images up to (1) 450 pixels wide, 150 pixels high - (2) A Signature Bar (400x25 or smaller) , plus 4 lines normal size text and up to 100 characters per line.
  3. The pics from game monitor sites are also taking longer and longer to load and display as more and more users become involved. Please use the * smaller * versions.
Users readily cooperate. Nine out ten sig pics offer either info or support.
Regards,

RMariano