Translation scroll(s)

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
N'Zembwa

Translation scroll(s)

Post by N'Zembwa »

Are there more ?

You have to begin while facing & reading signs?
Depili

Re: Translation scroll(s)

Post by Depili »

You begin on the square without a plate.

For the unknown words, a subtler hint:
SpoilerShow
There are three that you don't know and the scroll you have has two action-symbols not associated with word on there, this should give you some idea what the words might mean...
And more concrete one:
SpoilerShow
One is a number, two are rotations. And you need to stay within the grid and not hit any walls.
N'Zembwa

Post by N'Zembwa »

Are there more than one scroll? because some words don't have translations. There are also more signs in the world to decipher. I want to know if i begin to decipher with that one scroll i have or do i have to find others? in case you can't decipher with only one.
Nyast

Post by Nyast »

SpoilerShow
So far I only found one scroll, and there are 3 unknown words. One of them ( KO ) can be found if you remember the weird sign in Twigroot forest that you find early in the game, there's a burried treasure chest and that sign can be deciffered if you make assumptions on what KO could be ( which is very easy given the layout of the area ).

After that, remain 2 unknown signs. If you assume one is the opposite of the other, and if you remember the translation scroll, that basically gives you two possibilities.

Return to “Gameplay Hints”