Weird modding questions

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
derekw741

Weird modding questions

Post by derekw741 »

I'm working on a (as) total conversion (as possible) mod for Black Crypt within LoG2, and I've got some humps to mull over.
1. Does the editor allow for changes to spells/ways to make new spells? Specific example: I'm looking to make certain squares "magic fields", where a party could walk through, but would take mild damage, unless they cast "dispel magic" at the square first. This also means I need a way to make that field square too though.
2. Is there a way to make a monster unkillable without wielding a specific weapon?
I have a lot of work ahead of me, I still need to learn most everything, including how to replace assets like monsters, items and walls, but that all seems doable with time.
Leki

Re: Weird modding questions

Post by Leki »

1. you can make it in many ways, e.g. as a blockade with onTakeDamage definition, where you can test if hit was done by dispel magic else return false.
2. the same method - in monster definition add onTakeDamage and if item.name = "ogreblade" the return true, else return false
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
derekw741

Post by derekw741 »

Awesome, thanks. I've barely scratched the surface of the editor, so I'm sure after looking at a BUNCH of tutorials I'll be back with more questions. I haven't coded a thing since HTML 4, so this is gonna be a long project/learning experience for me.
Komag

Post by Komag »

But there aren't a bunch of tutorials yet! Learning Lua in general will help though, there are tutorials for that.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play