How to recover from injuries?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
silverk

How to recover from injuries?

Post by silverk »

Hi guys. I've been enjoying the game so far. Glad that it stayed true to the original, which i loved.

What are the mechanics behind injuries?
What are the ways it can be healed? (I tried heal potions which worked, but sleeping didnt seem to. are there other ways?)
What causes certain injuries? are there ways to prevent or reduce odds of having them?
For some reason my minator seems to gets most of the injuries in combat, yet he has by far the most vit at 22 or something. Shouldnt he be more resilient
The questions seems simple, but i couldnt find info from google or forum search.
Thanks for any answers =)
Cancle

Re: How to recover from injuries?

Post by Cancle »

Good questions!
Billick

Post by Billick »

Healing crystals also heal injuries. I've only gotten injuries from falling down pits. Wearing armor seems to help prevent injuries, but I'm not sure about that.
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!
Luj1

Post by Luj1 »

Health potions seem to fix body injuries , as well as heal direct damage at the same time.

I really like to see this mechanic in Grimrock :D reminds me of body-shots in isometric RPGs like Fallout :D

PS Try an Insectoid to avoid vital organ injury (passive)
RPG veteran
Luj1

Post by Luj1 »

Billick wrote:Healing crystals also heal injuries. I've only gotten injuries from falling down pits.
Ive gotten injury from fighting too (leg, torso even head injury I think)
RPG veteran
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

I had asked the same question and can verify that both healing potions and the blue crystals remove all "Wounds"
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Billick

Post by Billick »

Luj1 wrote:
Billick wrote:Healing crystals also heal injuries. I've only gotten injuries from falling down pits.
Ah good to know. Can anybody confirm if armor mitigates injuries?
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Billick wrote:
Luj1 wrote:
Ah good to know. Can anybody confirm if armor mitigates injuries?
That's a bit hard to tell since some monster types seem to have a higher probability to cause wounds than others.
At least i've go the impression that good armor reduces the chance for receiving a wound. My heavy armor mino has less trouble with this then my light armor rogue (both in front).
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Yes, like those wolf things seem to have like 100% chance to cause wounds! :lol:
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Luj1

Post by Luj1 »

Sir Tawmis wrote:Yes, like those wolf things seem to have like 100% chance to cause wounds! :lol:
The gray little ones? I got only leg wound from them, but a LOT.... even my Insectoid barbarian who is supposed to mitigate injury
RPG veteran