The Silent One?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
GrandHerb

The Silent One?

Post by GrandHerb »

SpoilerShow
Found a talking statue mentioning that "The silent one (whatever that might be) has a friend to the east of here, who might be more talkative", in Sleet Island. Didn't think much of it until much later, when, exploring the Cemetery, another statue says something to the effect of "Silent one sees something every night. Look where he looks and be patient" (paraphrasing). Ahah!, I think to myself, this must be the "friend" and he just provided me with a hint of hidden treasure!

... now, the problem is, Im POSITIVE I've meet a talking statue early on, whom said nothing but "..." when interacted with. Seeing as statues dont get out much, sounds reasonable that the Cemetery statue's "friend", the Silent One, is also a statue, as opposed to a tree or a boulder or an angry, angry warg. Surely, then, the statue whose dialogue consists of "..." would qualify as the prime suspect.

Right, I'm ranting. The PROBLEM is, I have absolutely no idea where I've met that silent statue. The Beach, the Bog, the Forest - I've scoured every inch of early areas and revisited a number of others, cant find him anywhere. Any of you fellow explorers happen to run into it and could provide directions?
AsgarZigel

Re: The Silent One?

Post by AsgarZigel »

SpoilerShow
It's on the sheet Island map right by the water on the way between the Cemetary entrance to the pyramid entrance.
dbarron

Post by dbarron »

Also trying to locate this head...you mean the same map as the entrance to the cemetery, right ?

Found it....oh wow, closer than I thought...too bad I don't have time this morning to wait.
Last edited by dbarron on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrandHerb

Post by GrandHerb »

SpoilerShow
Well, this bugger was hidden! 9 squares W, 5 squares N from cemetery entrance, Sleet Island
Thank you!