Guns to be found?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Sir Tawmis

Guns to be found?

Post by Sir Tawmis »

I have found plenty of pellets - but are there any guns to be found in the game?
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Kazeema

Re: Guns to be found?

Post by Kazeema »

Yes, you will find firearms.... however they are much... MUCH more rare than other weapons..

You wont find alot of them, however when you find one it will be a substantial increase in damage from the last one.
Also, save pellets for harder foes, they will run out otherwise =)
gawainzl

Post by gawainzl »

I'm not sure firearms are worth it, honestly. So far I've found 2 firearms and 2 bows, I haven't used the second bow because it's behind a gold key (although it looks like it's the same one I already have). My alchemist has decent firearms and maxed missile weapons, and honestly even without jamming, the sling outclassed the flintlock and now the bow outclasses the arquebus. The bow has comparable damage due to the Dexterity bonus, recoverable ammo, less cooldown, and a special attack to boot.
Saice

Post by Saice »

Yeah I have been under whelmed by Firearms. They are nice when you get them But you basically have to level up another weapon skill because of the non recoverable ammo. At which point you might as well just use the other weapon and skip the Firearm. I've had limited success using a pistol on my alchemist because they also do some casting with the lowbie wand you get in the forest. So it ends up being the back up to their magic when their energy runs out on harder fights.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

I gave my alchemist w/firearms two points in Accuracy so they can make melee attacks from the back rank. It's useful when dealing with up-close enemies since she has a high Dex, so she can wield a dagger to good effect even without Light Weapons investment. At range, she joins the front rank throwers by shooting when there's a big target, many smaller ones that need to be thinned out quickly, or my mage is out of mana; otherwise the dual throwing and mage runes tend to occupy too much mouse time.

Mind you, she's also a reasonable substitute for a front-line character if they get injured. Being almost entirely Dex/Vit gives her a high Evasion and health. (One of the two regular front-liners also has 2 Accuracy, so he can keep hitting from the back row when swapped there. The barbarian can't... but he rarely takes enough damage to need a breather.)
Depili

Post by Depili »

So far I have seen one quite nice firearm, and there are strong hints that there is something that fires cannonballs...
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Well, I am still pretty early in the game (just entered and wandered around the first forest area and cleared it all out)...

But right now, my rogue (two fighter types in the front, then rogue and mage in the back) has a sling and a few stones, or throwing knives... so I'd be happy with a bow, or a gun, something more effective.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
gawainzl

Post by gawainzl »

Sir Tawmis wrote:Well, I am still pretty early in the game (just entered and wandered around the first forest area and cleared it all out)...

But right now, my rogue (two fighter types in the front, then rogue and mage in the back) has a sling and a few stones, or throwing knives... so I'd be happy with a bow, or a gun, something more effective.
I found a really cool gun in a chest in Twigwood. Beware though, it's meant to be received a good bit farther in than you currently are. Here's how to get it:
SpoilerShow
If you have a spare lockpick and if you have the shovel, find the sign in West Twigwood that says "AR E. UHU KO. AR E. UHU E." Facing the sign, go Left 1, Forward 3, Left 1, Forward 1, then use the shovel.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Oh! All right!
SpoilerShow
I knew that shovel was something I should keep! Great extra element of finding little things! So much awesome!
zeltak

Post by zeltak »

Have you somehow missed the gun in the very first dungeon of the game?
SpoilerShow
Flintlock pistol is in the wooden box in the halls of the dead. That place where you found the Horn of Summoning. It's not even behind a secret..