Modifying (evolving) sort system

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Doridion

Modifying (evolving) sort system

Post by Doridion »

Hi all ^^ Back for the second opus of LoG Editor !

As my wife is pregnant, i made a little break to give her all my attention ;) But to complete my actual ( third time ) dady's schedule, some programming sounds good ^^

So, purchased LoG2 yesterday, configured, and discovered like you all the new possibilities .... yep, really awesome. But ( and there's always a "but" ), the sort system seems to be quite "poor". Doors, monsters, items, ok .... but for logics, lights, wall designs, etc ?

Could us make, by scripting, some evolution of sort list or it'll be for first update ? ( Like adding terms for sort )

Thanks in advance ;)
Komag

Re: Modifying (evolving) sort system

Post by Komag »

That sort of a thing would be welcome, yes, but after getting somewhat familiar with all the items in Grimrock 1 I never used the sort anymore, I always just started typing something and whittled down the list
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Doridion

Re: Modifying (evolving) sort system

Post by Doridion »

I understand Komag, i renamed all my items/objects/etc adds, to found them quickly in the first LoG.

Also, i asked this question as a proposal, for those of us who are modding big maps and placing big quantity of props ( for example ) or working by phases, like => Mapping -> placing props -> placing items -> scripting -> etc.

Finally, though I know that others have asked for ; when do you think we can have an update of the "Modding" part of the website, including new asset structures for LoG 2, or simply download some of the main quest assets, to analyse them and really start to work hard ?

Thanks to all the Almost Humans team for their awesome work ;)

Edit : Already on work on the website ^^ It begin !