The Class Update!

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
zeltak

Re: The Class Update!

Post by zeltak »

I play also mostly with all human groups, but I just love ratling/skaven/rat -race so much, that at least one is a no-brainer. I'm actually thinking that maybe I'll do 4 ratlings for my first run. But then again those new portraits for insectoids (those few we've seen..) looked awesome, so I don't know..
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

I love mixing it up! So I will have one human (to represent myself!), and then who knows what else!
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
diceman

Post by diceman »

Keeper wrote:
diceman wrote:Now the true question is, how many limbs do insectoids actually have?! :shock:
It's FUSION! Jeff-Goldblum-Style!
Actually, this is making me want to play an Insectoid, after all. I'm gonna call him "Brundlefly".
minmay

Post by minmay »

I believe there's a hint at the secret class in grimrock2.dat.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Tobias Reach

Post by Tobias Reach »

Does anyone know if they've said anything about a default party like they had in the first Grimrock? For a first run I'd rather jump right in than spend two hours at a character creation screen. Curse my indecisive mind!
Chimera005ao

Post by Chimera005ao »

Sucks to be me, because most of the time, when playing RPGs, I go for the humanoid option, since I can best identify with a character roughly looking myself.
That's funny, I'm the opposite.
Now the true question is, how many limbs do insectoids actually have?! :shock:
I'd guess the same number as the other races, to keep things even. But you never know...
Does anyone know if they've said anything about a default party like they had in the first Grimrock? For a first run I'd rather jump right in than spend two hours at a character creation screen. Curse my indecisive mind!
Since every class can learn a bit of everything, and all the race/class combinations seem they are meant to be viable, I'd like if they had random party generation instead of a 'default'
They've said:
If you can’t make up your mind about some aspect of character creation you can also let the fate decide: name, race, class, attribute scores, skills and traits can all be randomized if you so prefer.
But the question is whether you have to hit random on all of those (or any of them) or if there's a way to skip character customization with all random.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Wow! What an update AH :D
People now losing their minds drawing up moch parties :twisted:
Definite increase in re playability (coming from someone who played the original 20+ times lol)
Cant wait till tomorrow hehehehe

Akroma
Komag

Post by Komag »

Yes, there is a default party
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Chimera005ao wrote:
Since every class can learn a bit of everything, and all the race/class combinations seem they are meant to be viable, I'd like if they had random party generation instead of a 'default'
They've said:
If you can’t make up your mind about some aspect of character creation you can also let the fate decide: name, race, class, attribute scores, skills and traits can all be randomized if you so prefer.
But the question is whether you have to hit random on all of those (or any of them) or if there's a way to skip character customization with all random.
There is a default party and it's really viable; completed my first beta playthrough with it.

Now if you want to go totally random that's pretty easy to do in character selection
- select the 1st player slot and click the dices beside "Name", "Race", "Class", "Attributes", "Traits" and "Skills"
- repeat for the number of characters you like to have and start the game
thomast8991

Post by thomast8991 »

I started a Google Sheet with all the info I've seen (so far) on Races, Classes, Traits and Skills. I haven't gotten to the Skills section yet, but thought this might help people deciding on their starting party.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing