rules for making a portrait?

Show off your Legend of Grimrock art, fiction, music or whatever!
Kenshin-dono

rules for making a portrait?

Post by Kenshin-dono »

im looking for some portraits to import in the game. Im finding a few decent ones here (really love the fire emblem ones! wish there were some suikoden ones), but was wondering what the requirments are for making your own? What format, size, ect do you have to have the image in. Im in the process of builing a few computers for my parents so i dont really have time to get super deep into making a bunch for myself right now. I was gonna find some decent ones for most of the party. THere is just one that i want to do for sure.

Guin from the Guin saga novels. I was probably gonna make him a minotaur =P

there were 2 images i liked to make the portrait btw, im assuming either one would work. I noticed the thread with the official backround so it would be cool to use that to try to make one i just need to know how.

by the way here are the 2 pics i was planning on using if anyone else wants to take a crack at it
SpoilerShow

I think the first ones the best and most portrait like. Probably the easiest to to too. Just a little cropping on the bottom and overlay it onto the official backround
Sol_HSA

Re: rules for making a portrait?

Post by Sol_HSA »

The portraits are 128x128 tga files.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Kenshin-dono

Post by Kenshin-dono »

so i just have to make sure its saved as a 128X128 TGA format file then? any filesize restrictions? ANd how do i import it into the game when its done? Just point the search function to wherever its saved?

oh and i noticed when you click import it shows an option for male/female.... does that effect anything? I dont see an option for it in game even
Sutekh

Post by Sutekh »

diceman

Post by diceman »

Is there really no way to sort Custom portraits in Female and Male-Categories?
I mean, the option is clearly there, it just doesn't seem to apply. Putting "male_/female_" in front of the file-name (or creating seperately named sub-folders) also doesn't do anything ... :)