Mod request - ignore food

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Neutronium Dragon

Re: Mod request - ignore food

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

The snails on level 6 were the easiest source of extra food. They had a spawn trigger, so it was controllable.

A quick-and-dirty mod option might be to just set all of the food items' nutritional values to whatever the maximum possible is. You'd still need food, but not very much.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

petri wrote:You can always spawn a food item from the console. E.g. spawn("snail_slice") works both in LOG1 and LOG2.
How do you access the console in LOG1?
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
dgbonomo

Post by dgbonomo »

Thank you all for the input. It has made me reinstall Legend of Grimrock to play again. Now that I have a better idea of some of the locations where I can get additional food in addition to the script command, it should be a lot more fun for me (personally, I just enjoy spending time with the puzzles, and the food system distracts me from it.)

As for accessing the console:
- Make sure the game is not running.
- Open up an Explorer window and browse to your account's "<My Documents>\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock"
- Open the file "grimrock.cfg" in a plain-text editor (Notepad works fine.)
- Search for the line that begins with "console = ". If this says "false", then change it to "console = true"
- Optionally, search for the "consoleKey" setting and change it to "consoleKey = 192" to bind it to the Tilde key ( ~ ).

When you next launch the game, you'll be able to access the console with the key it's bound to.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

dgbonomo wrote:Thank you all for the input. It has made me reinstall Legend of Grimrock to play again. Now that I have a better idea of some of the locations where I can get additional food in addition to the script command, it should be a lot more fun for me (personally, I just enjoy spending time with the puzzles, and the food system distracts me from it.)

As for accessing the console:
- Make sure the game is not running.
- Open up an Explorer window and browse to your account's "<My Documents>\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock"
- Open the file "grimrock.cfg" in a plain-text editor (Notepad works fine.)
- Search for the line that begins with "console = ". If this says "false", then change it to "console = true"
- Optionally, search for the "consoleKey" setting and change it to "consoleKey = 192" to bind it to the Tilde key ( ~ ).

When you next launch the game, you'll be able to access the console with the key it's bound to.
Awesome. Thank you!
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Stamm

Post by Stamm »

In DM1 there were at least two places with infinite food supply. The screamer cave in the 3rd? level and a safe-cave a lot deeper where there was a fresh rat supply nearby. Both of these were wonderful blessings after agonizing days of hunger. But it is all about the right balance.