GOG and future Mac downloads

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Seth

Re: GOG and future Mac downloads

Post by Seth »

That is exactly the reason I like your solution!

I want to give you as much money directly as possible, but I also want to have the game on Steam and have it updated to latest version without searching for patch
nattfarinn

Post by nattfarinn »

Can we get answer on that?
jwdenzel wrote:Also, if we buy the PC version right away, will we be eligible to get the Mac version later when it becomes available?
I would like to support you with preorder, but I don't want to buy game I wont be able to run. Do I have to wait for Mac preorder or I'll get the mac version later as a bonus if I buy it now?

Cheers!
antti

Post by antti »

nattfarinn wrote:Can we ge answer on that?
jwdenzel wrote:Also, if we buy the PC version right away, will we be eligible to get the Mac version later when it becomes available?
I would like to support you with preorder, but I don't want to buy game I wont be able to run. Do I have to wait for Mac preorder or I'll get the mac version later as a bonus if I buy it now?

Cheers!
Yeah, the pre-order will get you the game for any and all possible future versions that we'll sell through our own site.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
torham

Post by torham »

I'd also like to vote for GOG. I'd like to buy from them over Humble Store, if possible, since they currently have the greatest commitment to being DRM free. It's also not clear to me if developers can even tell the difference betweeen a sale on the Humble Store with an unclaimed Steam key and a sale on Humble that is claimed on Steam. I would hate to do anything that would result in my purchase being counted as a Steam purchase by a developer in any way.
antti

Post by antti »

torham wrote:It's also not clear to me if developers can even tell the difference betweeen a sale on the Humble Store with an unclaimed Steam key and a sale on Humble that is claimed on Steam. I would hate to do anything that would result in my purchase being counted as a Steam purchase by a developer in any way.
The keys are tagged so we can easily see how many Steam key activations from our site's store there are. So, if you buy from our site and don't claim a Steam key, it won't prop up Steam's statistics at all. That being said, we're not really interested in that particular statistic ourselves. :)
hoarder

Post by hoarder »

Vainamoinen wrote:However, an actual answer to the thread's question would be very welcome.
Yep, I'd appreciate that as well.
The way it's been so artfully dodged so far makes me wonder if AH suddenly holds a grudge (for whatever reason) against GOG or something(?).
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

hoarder wrote:
Vainamoinen wrote:However, an actual answer to the thread's question would be very welcome.
The way it's been so artfully dodged so far makes me wonder if AH suddenly holds a grudge (for whatever reason) against GOG or something(?).
It's entirely possible they have discussions going on, at which point saying one thing or another might complicate things.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
antti

Post by antti »

hoarder wrote:
Oh, right. Sorry about that, I only glanced through the answers in the thread. :oops:

The current plan is to hold pre-orders only on our own site and on launch, there will be more stores. Steam, GOG and Humble Store are going to be options, in addition to our own.
torham

Post by torham »

antti wrote:The current plan is to hold pre-orders only on our own site and on launch, there will be more stores. Steam, GOG and Humble Store are going to be options, in addition to our own.
Does this mean that a GOG release will be available on the launch day? Is there a difference between Humble Store and your own store?
juho

Post by juho »

torham wrote:Does this mean that a GOG release will be available on the launch day? Is there a difference between Humble Store and your own store?
Yes, gog will be available on launch. Humble store and our own is different. Ours is kind of "powered" by humble.
Follow me on Twitter: @JuhoMakingStuff