[MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.33

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
leewroy

Re: [MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - Updated Ver 1.2

Post by leewroy »

I see. Let me know about the new release then :)
minmay

Post by minmay »

I notice you've uploaded version 1.3. Playing through it now, and so far I have to say the new "deep mine" wallset is a big improvement.
However, I've also found a bug:
SpoilerShow
The skull puzzle in the eastern section of the prison can be used to get infinite prison keys; you get another key every time you put the skull on the table.
edit: Found a very bad crash:
SpoilerShow
The level 10 boss' final form causes a crash when it attacks:

Code: Select all

mod_assets/scripts/monsters.lua:288: undefined object: Pain_Bolt
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'spawn'
	mod_assets/scripts/monsters.lua:288: in function 'onRangedAttack'
	[string "Monster.lua"]: in function 'shootProjectile'
	[string "Monster.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
	[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
	[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
	[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Ah well it seems I can't put in new stuff without breaking the old!

Still from those two things I think I can fix em and post up a version 1.31 pretty soon

Thanks for the feedback
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
LocalFire

Re: [MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.31

Post by LocalFire »

And done. This should fix the issues that were caused by my other changes for a full list of changes

Version 1.31
-Reworked Various puzzles to make them more intuitive.
(namely the face of time)

-Change the Iron door on level 4.
(as was pointed out this was (before the update) solved by failing another puzzle, now better.)

-Changed the Mine and Temple custom wallsets.
(I've tweaked the mine set to keep the stone dark as suits the mood, and it looks much better, the Temple set I've replaced with the Dark elf wallset)

-Fixed an issue where the puzzle in the eastern prison store room could spawn infinite keys.
(Bit of a game breaker as it means you wouldn't have to explore the non-linear sections to get all the rewards, now fixed)

-Reworked the bolt of Agony spell, it now casts at under 80% health and damage ramps up below 50%, 25% and 10%
(As per what I had originally wanted this spell to do, the worse shape the caster is in the more powerful the spell, roughly equivalent to the fireburst, fireball, greater fireball for the first 3 ranks, and way WAY more powerful at the last, these also have new particle effects for each rank)

-Fixed an issue resulting from the changes to the Pain bolt that crashed the game when enemies attempted to cast the older and now non existant version (opps).
( I forgot that having reworked the Bolt of Agony I would need to look at the monsters that cast it and make sure they were casting the new version)

-Added new monsters
(I was playing around and found an easy way to make some cool looking monsters hence this)

-Added a new mini boss on the warriors path in the Twin paths.
(I had to do something with my new monsters)

-Reworked and tweaked various side areas.
(Lots of hallways were making up side areas, and while most of these tweaks are small and unlikely to be noticed; one area was overhauled and prettied up, I like this area now way better than I did before, Also I wanted somewhere to put new monsters)

-Added wall signs and scrolls to speed the players chances of finding new prisoners as Evante.
(It has been pointed out that starting is slow, since the player starts with a party of one, I normally play with a smaller party (one or two characters) so I really didn't consider this. I had considered rearranging the Prison levels to put at least one Prisoner closer to the start but it would too much messing about shifhting all the rooms around, so I added a note and some wall text to point the player in the correct direction of the first available companion, this should help speed things up a little)

-Added additional room and clue to access said room when playing special mode.
(The special mode (ala Toorum style) can be a pain for the same reason as the above, I offer the same excuse too. The big problem here was that you be all alone all the time since I didn't put any extra prisoners in this mode, as such I added a special room and then hid it because you have earn it and also it gives you a reason to visit the now empty Prison cells).

-Added sixth playable character when playing as the fifth character
(Who can be any class! you want a friend to help out? BAM! I've taken care of it. Again you have to earn it, because c'mon wheres the fun if I just give it to you? more secrets and side tasks for all!)

-Added Binding effect chance to Bleakwind axe.
(Because its cool and the swords had all the good stuff before (Diamond edge, Kaze no Katta, Prism etc.) axes only got the Bone Dragon and you could miss that if you took the shield instead. Now the best axe holds it own against all the other neat stuff)

-Added Chance to freeze target to Inquisitor.
(Because if the best axe has a power then the "best" sword should too. You may think this invalidates my previous point and yes it kinda does)

-New intro images and card images made by Hermundure, Thanks a ton!
(Really adds a touch of class, I did my own art for Paths of the Earth and it was mediocre at best, Hemadures stuff is professional grade and makes my work look even better, those intro images kick thing off to a great start.)
Last edited by LocalFire on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Dungeons
minmay

Post by minmay »

I've found a few more issues:
- You get duplicate journal entries if you repeatedly activate the end-of-level altars (by putting items on and taking them off).
- As far as I can tell, secret_8 and secret_90 can't be triggered; I've found the two secret rooms that I assume they correspond to (by their position) but they don't activate. (Yeah, I "cheated" to confirm this, but come on I've already beaten the mod a couple of times).
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Cool thanks for that, I'll get some fixes for those in
My Dungeons
minmay

Post by minmay »

I found the source of the "6/5 treasures found" issue. You spawn a Crown of Kings for solving the master's riddle, which is after the dungeon "initializes" and therefore does not count towards the maximum treasure count. You can work around this by placing a treasure anywhere in the dungeon using the editor, then destroying it. For example, you could place another crown called "golden_crown_1" and add a script entity with the following code:

Code: Select all

golden_crown_1:destroy()
This will increment the maximum treasure count. (Destroying it is optional of course, but it makes things a bit cleaner.)

Also, like with the prison puzzle, you can solve the master's riddle repeatedly and get infinite silver mails and crowns, so you probably want to fix that too!
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Awesome, I'll look into fixes for all those bugs, thanks again!
My Dungeons
sapientCrow

Re: [MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.32

Post by sapientCrow »

Puzzle on level 3:
Been staring at this scroll for hours now.
Trying to figure out a third constant.
SpoilerShow
I have narrowed many down to 2 spots such as Shadowmere only being 1 or 5. However I can not figure out any more that are absolute. I am likely overlooking something. However I would really appreciate a hint or 1 or 2 other items that are for certain where they get placed.
LocalFire

Re: [MOD] Prisoner of Bleakhall - UPDATE! 1.32

Post by LocalFire »

Understandable, I only know of 1 player who has confirmed solving this, although I did test a pen and paper version on people to make sure it completely fair. So hints I'll start with the absolutes then put in spoilers descending as the hints become more of a give away.

ABSOLUTES:
1. The Sage is in the first column. - So we know that the sage is the far left
2. The Sage stands near Lys - Since the sage is on the edge Lys can only be in one spot Second in from the west.
3. The man in the center prizes the coin - Doesn't matter who prizes it we know it must be in the middle.

Eliminating Possibilities 1
SpoilerShow
Skaro is to the left of Mistcloak: This may be throwing you as I mean directly on the left (let me know if that so and I'll change the wording.) This removes the possibility of Skaro and Mistcloak being in the first column
The Merchant Prizes the staff: The Merchant cannot be in either the middle as this has the coin for the first column as this has the sage
The Mercenary is from Stonemorrow: Stonemorrow cannot be in the first slot, as this has the sage in it.
THIS MEANS: Shadowmere is the first Slot for lands
Eliminating Possibilities 2:
SpoilerShow
The Man from Shadowmere likes sapphires: We now know this is the sage so the sapphire is in the first slot
The man in the doublet stands next to the man who likes sapphire: We now know were the Doublet goes
Elimination round 3:
SpoilerShow
Skaro must be on the left of Mistcloak and so can't be in the Far right slot, This leaves two possible slots one of which has the coin in it and the man from Skaro has the sword.
Therefore: The lands must be as follows Shadowmere, Lys, Stonemorrow, Skaro, Mistcloak.
This should Help speed thing along abit.
My Dungeons