[Mod] Stronghold of Daemurra

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
leewroy

Re: [Mod] Stronghold of Daemurra

Post by leewroy »

Started the gameplay, and so far I can say its very good. No bugs, very well balanced...I'm enjoying :D
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

One caveat. Do not place each of the shields into the alcoves one by one and save the game in Level 8. It causes Grimrock to crash. I have no idea why; the script is fine and it executes correctly.
leewroy wrote:Started the gameplay, and so far I can say its very good. No bugs, very well balanced...I'm enjoying :D

I just found one :(
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

This issue is a big problem.

I don't think it's literally a problem of my making, that is, a mistake that I made but it will prevent progress from level 8 onwards as you can never save your game again after finishing level 8. I have to make a fix and upload it tonight, once I figure out what that is.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Well, you're welcome :)

Guess I found one way to get stuck, but it's hard to perform
SpoilerShow
on level 5, there is that puzzle where you ned to press 3 buttons in a square corridor, opening a path to the middle, with some lizards and stuff inside. You can get stuck if you get between the second and the third moving walls. Dunno if the same happens between the others, but I´ve scaped using the console.
Also, I´d like a hint for
SpoilerShow
the puzzle on 4th floor, where there is a note telling about put rocks on the first and third, XO and so on. Trid some combinations, but seems that I´m missing where to start. Where can be 1 & 3? Not the one right in front of us, right?
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

leewroy wrote:Well, you're welcome :)

Guess I found one way to get stuck, but it's hard to perform
SpoilerShow
on level 5, there is that puzzle where you ned to press 3 buttons in a square corridor, opening a path to the middle, with some lizards and stuff inside. You can get stuck if you get between the second and the third moving walls. Dunno if the same happens between the others, but I´ve scaped using the console.
Also, I´d like a hint for
SpoilerShow
the puzzle on 4th floor, where there is a note telling about put rocks on the first and third, XO and so on. Trid some combinations, but seems that I´m missing where to start. Where can be 1 & 3? Not the one right in front of us, right?
I've never had it get me stuck there.

Yes, the first 3 in front of you :)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

Thanks to some help in another thread, I have found a fix for Grimrock crashing when you save the game on or past level 8.

You're welcome to try to finish the game without saving at all, of course, and that is the work around. Version 1.2 is up on Nexus and this is a fixed mod
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Hmm. I had no great troubles there. I would leave it as is... :mrgreen:
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

eLPuSHeR wrote:Hmm. I had no great troubles there. I would leave it as is... :mrgreen:
When I have a free moment I'll add escape wall buttons inside those doors. Once you pass all 3 they're stuck open for good but I can see how someone with slower reflexes might get stuck.
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I am having a lot of trouble at level 8 (shining shields). Game crashed to desktop twice at different areas when performing a savegame.

Look.

SpoilerShow
This happened after putting some shields in alcoves and pressing F5.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Darsithis

Post by Darsithis »

eLPuSHeR wrote:I am having a lot of trouble at level 8 (shining shields). Game crashed to desktop twice at different areas when performing a savegame.

Look.

SpoilerShow
This happened after putting some shields in alcoves and pressing F5.
Yes. I've corrected it and uploaded 1.2. The alcoves that you place shields/items into cannot be serialized and I was making them global. If you put anything in the alcoves in level 8 and leave it in there, you cannot save the game from that point on.

You can try to finish the game without ever saving - there are only two more levels - or you can download the update and race back to 8 to complete it :D