Grim reviews - Updated 15/7/14

Show off your Legend of Grimrock art, fiction, music or whatever!
LocalFire

Grim reviews - Updated 15/7/14

Post by LocalFire »

SpiderFighter wrote:Just wanted to pop in and say how much I appreciate you doing these. I hope you keep going! For those of us with extremely limited time or sporadic work schedules, your reviews are a huge help...plus lots of fun!

Thanks for taking the time to put these together.
So thats a quote from Solitary Drakes Grimrock in review topic, now Drake hasn't been active in some time, so seeing this I've decided to pick up the torch and run with it, hence Grim reviews working my way through various mods and giving my opinions so here we go!

I started with dungeons I've already played and have started working through others as well (mostly popular dungeons from steam plus anything that looks interesting)

UPDATE: For ease of use I've colour coded the titles based on score 0-Black 1-Red 2-Orange 3-Blue 4-Green 5-Yellow unrated- white

Tomb of Zarthos: by Skuggsavein Halls of the Lich King: by Donoknight Return of the Lich King: by DonoKnight Party mods: Wisdomizer, Characterizer and Party time: by Master joe, Localfire and Dangerous Dhael Ahrkbeths ruins: by Ulwaen Prison Ward: By Desperate Games Tower of the Dragon god: by Donoknight Tower of Bones: by Alcator Tower of Warshack: by Gogomar Warriors Challenge: by Robikz Grimrock for Grimrock: Remake, Legend of Chaos and Master quest: by Komag, Sutekh and Komag The Taltraxus engine: by Lostlorax Goldlust : by WRF studios Grimsouls Prepare to die: by Sin Sunset Gate: by Xanathar Prison of the six: by Boyflea: Tower of the Arlorak: by SlimyAmeoba: Mine of Malan Vael: by Phitt Madmans Joke: By Killiwilligan Beneath the Sands: By Localfire Dungeon Lucius: by Onaikul The Forgotten Dungeons: By Master hawn and Into the Horizon Toorums Quest 2: By Petri Gurglmars Evil maze: by Bukkake Warrior The Reeking Depths: by McSkiv Lair of Alrak: by 1412 Masters Fortress: by Alan1149 Awakening of Taarnab: by Mahric The Hospital: by Carlmacc Back into the Dungeon: by Comscript Dawn Tower-The Escape: By Spectre900 Tombs of Winterfell: by Leki Ruins of Argorn: by NyuuPingu One room round robins: one and two by Grimrock Editors Guild Waterdeep Sewers: by Dj Cows on Wheels: by Peeba Eye of the Dragon: by Drakkan Big Friendly Warden: by Edsploration Pyramid of Xafi: by Soaponarope Hodrans Orb: by Drachir Stronghold of Ironstone: by Imaddo Palace of Knossos: by Trilobite42
Last edited by LocalFire on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
LocalFire

Re: Grim reviews - Updated 28/5/14

Post by LocalFire »

Bump
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Let me nominate these older mods to your review list (in case they are not already on it):

Dark Temple
Pyramid of Xafi

Both are almost entirely made with editor build-in stuff and yet prove quite a challenge to complete.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Good work, I've been meaning to check some mods out. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
mazhlekov

Re: Grim reviews - Updated 15/7/14

Post by mazhlekov »

Hi,
How I can download the mods in the case I don't have Nexus reg. and My purchase is via GOG (no steam key)?
Thank you!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

mazhlekov wrote:Hi,
How I can download the mods in the case I don't have Nexus reg. and My purchase is via GOG (no steam key)?
Thank you!
Registering on Nexus is free, so just go thru their sign-up-procedure and once complete you can download everything you want.

Now stuff made available only on Steam is a different story. Downloading anything from the game's workshop area requires a Steam login. Even then all downloads are done with the Steam Client (no browser-support here) which places the files directly into the game's dungeon directory BUT since you don't have the Steam Version i doubt Steam would download anything for you at all. So you'll prolly end up asking people with the Steam Version to download mod's for you.
mazhlekov

Post by mazhlekov »

Nexus reg. is not free (I check it today)
If I'm wrong, please can you show me where is that free registration?
Thank you :)
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

You do not have to select a package when you register an account. If you do not tick any of the boxes for premium membership, then you can still create a basic account which will allow you to download all of the mods for free :).

When I signed up, years ago, it was a lot easier to find the free account registration!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
mazhlekov

Post by mazhlekov »

Thank you, it works! :)