Best Grimrock full mods so far?

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
coreystinson

Best Grimrock full mods so far?

Post by coreystinson »

I'm looking for some thoughts, comments, and reviews on existing full-game mods for Grimrock 1 - essentially, mods that are all-new dungeons and complete games. Heavy use of new assets (walls, monsters, etc.) is appreciated, as well is a well-thought out story. I've played through a few already and so far I've found these three to be brilliant:

- The Sunset Gate
- Mines of Malan Vael
- One Room Round Robin 2

Others, such as The Reeking Depths, show a solid understanding of the dungeon editor and scripting but don't really present anything all that new or interesting.

Anyone have any thoughts or can you point me to a list of reviews that might already exist?
Dr.Disaster

Re: Best Grimrock full mods so far?

Post by Dr.Disaster »

coreystinson wrote:I'm looking for some thoughts, comments, and reviews on existing full-game mods for Grimrock 1 - essentially, mods that are all-new dungeons and complete games. Heavy use of new assets (walls, monsters, etc.) is appreciated, as well is a well-thought out story. I've played through a few already and so far I've found these three to be brilliant:

- The Sunset Gate
- Mines of Malan Vael
- One Room Round Robin 2

Others, such as The Reeking Depths, show a solid understanding of the dungeon editor and scripting but don't really present anything all that new or interesting.

Anyone have any thoughts or can you point me to a list of reviews that might already exist?
Follow the links inside Komag's "Finished Dungeons" thread at the top of the mod forum. You'll find both info and reviews there.
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Excellent reviews LocalFire..very helpful.