Komag's Let's Play The One Room Round Robin 2 blind playthrough

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: Komag's Let's Play The One Room Round Robin 2 blind play

Post by Komag »

part 14 up (1:38)

http://youtu.be/2r7_ZKYJnd8

Includes msyblade's room "Temporal Fugue", more exploration of the Hub, and more Condemned Area.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

8-)

Pre-loading the 720p version.

*(So that's a several hour wait, on my connection.)

It's been a good series. It looks like there might only be two more parts; three at most?
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Yeeee another fun vid. You are right about the spinning pits thing being frozen from the condemned area, the timer is not activating properly (but it's not critical). Achievement and xp bonus are indeed there to balance the disappointement of finding wonderful equipment you can't use. I noticed you mentionned the cloak of elements as being "awesome", don't forget it comes from the hall of inversion, so I really wouldn't use that word to describe the item... :mrgreen:
Isaac wrote:8-)
It's been a good series. It looks like there might only be two more parts; three at most?
Are you kidding? He still has my room, Skuggs, Boyflea, yours and Xanathar's, and amongst these 5 rooms are the hugest of all, 2 of these can happily take an hour - hour and half just for themselves. Then the Endgame, and the Hall of Ages, and he hasn't tried the Arena, and still not found the Elemental Shrine, and let's not forget the treasure rooms.

(lots of teaser here for Komag, hehe).
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Diarmuid wrote:Are you kidding? He still has my room, Skuggs, Boyflea, yours and Xanathar's, and amongst these 5 rooms are the hugest of all, 2 of these can happily take an hour - hour and half just for themselves. Then the Endgame, and the Hall of Ages, and he hasn't tried the Arena, and still not found the Elemental Shrine, and let's not forget the treasure rooms.
This is true... I was thinking 1½ hours each, would make 3 to 4½ hours more... but there is indeed more left than that. So we still have at least another month. :D
Komag

Post by Komag »

part 15 is up, with a crash at the end! (2:09)

http://youtu.be/9bgbznlngQk

Includes a failed attempt at boyflea's room "Cult of Drogna", then Xanathar's room "Margonon's Fall" with a crash bug at the end.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Wow, another video so quickly! :)

I just took a quick peek at the end, and the bug is known and is to be fixed in patch 4 (whenever I get the time to do it), you can respawn the monsters multiple times unfortunately with the wand. It's not critical you just get a bunch of xp, the extra tomb keys are perfectly useless and you can drop them here, but indeed if you want to play "fair" you should only take one swirl key out of the room.

I guess the crash was due to trying to respawn multiple swirl keys with the same id (maybe).

PS: Xanathar's room is one of the "long" ones I was referring to earlier, as you can see.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Watched it all!

Nice job... And congratulations on catching the item stack issues, and the disappearing numbers on the wall when you solve a puzzle, no-one caught these. But as you can imagine, the scripts to make all this work are quite complex, so we apologize for small issues.

By the way, do NOT try to make a dragon reappear on a tile you are by switching lenses. Normally it would result in instant death by crushing, but in Patch 2 there's a bug which causes a game crash (it was fixed since).

Oh, and a scroll with a hint for the puzzle got lost in one of the release candidates, we need to reintegrate it. Also, you should read the mage's name backwards and google it. While you're at it, pay attention to the girl's name too, it's not random... ;)
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Diarmuid wrote:...
Why did the "No Boys" tile in BoyFlea's room not accept the 'party' when it was just the rogue alive?
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Isaac wrote:
Diarmuid wrote:...
Why did the "No Boys" tile in BoyFlea's room not accept the 'party' when it was just the rogue alive?
Oh right, because we didn't fix boyflea's code yet, and it's scanning the whole party. But indeed it "should" scan only the first char. So Komag here cannot ever step on the no boys tile, and the buzz off one (no insectoid in the party -> hint "We welcome diversity, - the 3 Coven ANTS"). But the room has been tested to be completable no matter what party combination you come up with.

Essentially the "all party requirement" just makes it slightly longer to "dress for success" your whole party instead of just the alive char and reequipping them back.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

http://youtu.be/Bt3GrUEz9_c?t=4m9s

Explains a lot in an instant...