Is there anything left here?

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Asteroth

Is there anything left here?

Post by Asteroth »

There seems to be deficit of Grimrock left to do I'm afraid.

Ok, I worded that terribly. Simply people (logically) want to put off anything big until Grimrock 2. So unfortunately there are an indeterminate number of months in which this place will look like a ghost town.
That's to be expected, but still it feels lonely.

Oh and why am I of all people saying this when it's been over a year since I have done anything remotely Grimrock related? *Scratches head*
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
Eleven Warrior

Re: Is there anything left here?

Post by Eleven Warrior »

I did a post like your months ago and felt the same way, but I was wrong ahy. The community is still kicking and in good shape :) As I found out in the real world these people have Jobs and other things in life to do.

I guess what I am saying is I cant stop my Mod now it's to late. All I can PRAY for is that most it if not all the Scripting can be transferred to LOG 2. I will complete this Mod I am making, even if no one plays it, all good ahy :). I have done 5 reworks now with it and renamed it 5 times lol. Thxs to a good friend I now have all the Scripts and Objects etc... I need to complete the Mod.

Anyway try to cheer up ahy :) I think this community will continue for a while yet :)

Eg: Cant wait to see Leki's Skeleton coming out of the Coffin ahy :)
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

I got to agree, look at the finished dungeon page, 7 new dungeons so far this year and 4 in the last month!
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
spectre900

Post by spectre900 »

It looks fairly active to me. And I too am working on a new part of my recently released dungeon. Does take up a lot of time tho to design it all I dunno if people are even interested in hearing about dungeons that are only in early progress.
JKos

Post by JKos »

I 'm also (slowly) working on my own dungeon, release of orrr2 got me motivated again. But my problem is that I tend to implement all kind of things which comes in my mind and it rapidly gets pretty complex, and I have very limited time for modding. But I'm going to do some kind of release some day, I hope. As a teaser I have Deity and praying/piety system (inspired by ADOM), search skill, quests, journal, etc.
- LoG Framework 2http://sites.google.com/site/jkoslog2 Define hooks in runtime by entity.name or entity.id + multiple hooks support.
- cloneObject viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8450
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

JKos wrote:I 'm also (slowly) working on my own dungeon, release of orrr2 got me motivated again. But my problem is that I tend to implement all kind of things which comes in my mind and it rapidly gets pretty complex, and I have very limited time for modding.
Same here; same problem, and I have the same situation. (But I am working on the mod I was doing before ORRR2.)
Skuggasveinn

Post by Skuggasveinn »

I'm finishing this.
The Elder of Murwynd Woods

its close to release (I know I've said it before, but I mean it this time :) )

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
Komag

Post by Komag »

WOW :shock: :D That looks GREAT!
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
JKos

Post by JKos »

Looking amazing Skuggs, I use some of you assets in my dungeon and managed to do my 1st ever 3D model (just a textured cube but anyway :D ) with blender and import it in to grimrock by watching your youtube tutorial. So thanks.
- LoG Framework 2http://sites.google.com/site/jkoslog2 Define hooks in runtime by entity.name or entity.id + multiple hooks support.
- cloneObject viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8450
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Looks very promising indeed..looking forward to this one.