Komag's Let's Play The One Room Round Robin 2 blind playthrough

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: Komag's Let's Play The One Room Round Robin 2 blind play

Post by Komag »

Part 8 is up, includes the rest of Neikun's room, an attempt at JKos' room, and Ciccipicci's room, plus more condemned area. 1:37 long

http://youtu.be/J8e_qsAnhn0
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Komag wrote:Part 8 is up, includes the rest of Neikun's room, an attempt at JKos' room, and Ciccipicci's room, plus more condemned area. 1:37 long

http://youtu.be/J8e_qsAnhn0
Your Let's Plays are positively epic. Thanks for the contents too. :)
JKos

Post by JKos »

Thanks for the new Let's play. I should have added more hints in my room, it seems to be pretty hard to figure out what to do at the beginning, MrMarbod had pretty hard time too in his let's play, though he eventually got it. My intention was to make the room a bit harder than average, but it seems to be too obscure. Well I can say that you can use the scroll by right clicking it (like it says in the description btw.) and you can move something with it. And the ogre likes to eat meat.
- LoG Framework 2http://sites.google.com/site/jkoslog2 Define hooks in runtime by entity.name or entity.id + multiple hooks support.
- cloneObject viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8450
Komag

Post by Komag »

Parts 9 and 10 are up (originally meant to be one part): (almost 2 hours)

http://youtu.be/_idzpP9idcc

http://youtu.be/pQPpXqgBc2E

Includes condemned area, JKos' room, and Hub
Komag

Post by Komag »

part 11 up, almost 2 hours:

http://youtu.be/k6AIjM8qJAc

Includes Courtroom, Might and Magic, Zork Frobozz system, and more hub.
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

Komag wrote: Includes Courtroom, Might and Magic, Zork Frobozz system, and more hub.
Nice! Always fun to watch my own room.
SpoilerShow
It took you a while to get the opening of judgement pit. First time you did it you were too slow and got the text that ogre notices you and stops.
The slam doesn't kill the ogre, you just hid yourself fast enough so he run into the pit and it opened, Ogres being heavy and all (well really he was killed in script but that wasn't the point, spark were from the door slam of course ;)
Oh and the torch didn't show up when you met the judge, you dropped it for dramatic effect.

Edit: oooh so many spelling mistakes in my texts, so sloppy :( However the 'lawyer' spelling mistake was fixed in beta, but seems it didn't go through in final. The jury note Ogre description in present tense was by purpose (they always run at you). Oh and I didn't even remeber the lever behind the judge, It's just a old prop so the you can open the main door to courthouse (which later was changed to be opened by hidden plate instead when accessing the key). It's abit of a tease, and could be removed. Lever is accessible in certain judgement outcomes:
SpoilerShow
you might remeber the evidence room note, it's a numbers game and judge wants majority of cases solved.
My Grimrock mod (LoG1): The Onkalo Project
My Android (and windows desktop) game: Balloon Gentleman
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Yay, another great video to watch...

You had a great idea making a storage spot to dump all the *currently* unneeded stuff. That was one of the points of the teleport system - to allow a central "home" where you can heal and stock equipment and food. Maybe not all the flasks and scrolls, but you might wish to carry all "unique" items in the teleport central so that you can easily retrieve them when you do need them later on.

"Put the gem back" is a reference to a Dungeon Master puzzle, only "expanded" here. You won't be able to solve it before looooong however so don't stress over it.

What would I be if I was made of metal? Well a stuate of a man, would be a metal man. Or an Iron Man? You're one of the only persons who noticed the teleporter in jKos' room was playing a song, here's your answer to what the song was. :)

EDIT: Oh, and one thing I noticed, as you're playing on a slightly lower resolution, I was a bit afraid that the info dialogs with achievements or monsters might get too long to be displayed on screen and you couldn't close them. We never got that reported, but just in case, you can console Dialog.deactivate() to get rid of it.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Ohhh I knew exactly what was coming when he went exploring instead of grabbing the key first; the same thing happened to me in the same manner.

*I reported this on the bug list when it happened to me. Originally the bug was such that the chains DID close, and could never be opened again.
JKos

Post by JKos »

It was really fun and frustrating to watch your let's play of my room. First you used that scroll on all other directions but not towards the rock located at the door, I was thinking: Come on, use it! Noo!
Then you didn't see where the key came, again: Noo! Damn! And then you chose to kill the ogre by fighting, no that is not what you are supposed to do, Argh!
Another "Aargh!" moment was that Iron Man teleport, you were so close, but no :D.

Well that just proves that I tried to be too clever and managed to create too unusual/obscure puzzles, so that people don't even notice how they solved them. I guess game content design is not for me :mrgreen:
Anyway I enjoyed every moment of you video. Thanks.
- LoG Framework 2http://sites.google.com/site/jkoslog2 Define hooks in runtime by entity.name or entity.id + multiple hooks support.
- cloneObject viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8450
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

JKos wrote:Another "Aargh!" moment was that Iron Man teleport, you were so close, but no :D.
I mistook it for the song Pat-a-Cake; the Iron Man hint was there, and in hindsight it's perfect; but at the time I just didn't catch it. :oops:

*The Courthouse lever:
SpoilerShow
Is the judge's lever to open the side walls. It is to expand the room to reveal the prison cells; as seen.