The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help] [Secrets Guide released]

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Dr.Disaster

Re: The One Room Round Robin 2 [Help]

Post by Dr.Disaster »

The cube wrote:
SpoilerShow
Autosaved myself to xanathar's (one with nothing) room, and i have no idea how to complete it. seriously this one is impossible!
SpoilerShow
Ain't "one with nothing" Diarmuid's room? His room is a salut to Portal, LoG enhanced of course 8-)
In the rare case you did not play Portal, this should help: http://store.steampowered.com/app/400
The cube wrote:
SpoilerShow
In elisabeth greystalk's room, i can't find the two keys. the small secret button under the lamp does nothing?
SpoilerShow
The one right at the spot you enter the room? I might remember this one wrong but in case the room is not finished it provides an emergency exit.
The cube wrote:
SpoilerShow
In the flesh-eating ogre room, after running around for some time, i have no idea what to do now. the mind control scroll does not do anything anymore apparently.
SpoilerShow
Tough one, running around, chased by an ogre you can't scratch .. perhaps something else can?
The cube

Post by The cube »

I have played portal, both 1 and 2. it is just, that i can not get the blue portal gun from upstairs.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

The cube wrote:I have played portal, both 1 and 2. it is just, that i can not get the blue portal gun from upstairs.
oh now that's rather easy; like the press of a button.
boyflea

Post by boyflea »

boyflea wrote:Skuggasveinn -
SpoilerShow
have the mixed item, now what?
SpoilerShow
Use it in case you need it. Beside that: look carefully and beware of woodpeckers.
o dear, I should retire!... thanks for the hint: seriously...
SpoilerShow
item was there before me, had to 'stand on tippy-toes' to see it! :)
The cube

Post by The cube »

Ok, now i locked myself to the room, where
SpoilerShow
"The useless staff" lights up pressure plates. no idea how to solve that puzzle.
Could we not have rooms that lock you in in orrr3? it is getting frustating.
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

The cube wrote:Ok, now i locked myself to the room, where
SpoilerShow
"The useless staff" lights up pressure plates. no idea how to solve that puzzle.
You need to return the stuff you picked up when entering the room
SpoilerShow
Goggles to the alcove to open door (if i remeber correctly)
My Grimrock mod (LoG1): The Onkalo Project
My Android (and windows desktop) game: Balloon Gentleman
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

It's because you cannot really be allowed back in the rest of the dungeon with some items found in rooms, so you need to put them back.

Funny note:
SpoilerShow
We considered making a bonus "super-puzzle" room which would unlock if you completed all 22, which would feature at least one element from each one. Where you would have some crazy interactions due to having portal rods, color goggles, telekinesis scroll, reverse pits&doors, "adventure game" pressure plates, a remote-controlled scavenger... Due to the amount of scripting and debugging required, we decided to focus on getting the main thing as polished as we could, there's already lots of stuff to do in the mod.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

The cube wrote:Ok, now i locked myself to the room, where
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
As far as I know, there are ways to open each area, even when you've been locked in. I know in my area it was necessary for the story I wanted to tell, but Dairmuid has made it possible to leave if you look closely enough. ;).
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Diarmuid wrote:It's because you cannot really be allowed back in the rest of the dungeon with some items found in rooms, so you need to put them back.
I imagine that it will be changed with the addition of the backdoors, but it is possible to leave with the goggles; though I assume that they are worse than useless outside of Xan's room. [It's technically not a bug, but it is certainly unintended behavior.]
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

How did you manage to do that? The door won't open if you don't put the goggles in the alcove, you can't throw them through...