[DEVELOPER DISCUSSION] One Room Round Robin 2 (SPOILERS)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
aaneton

Re: [DEVELOPER DISCUSSION] One Room Round Robin 2 (SPOILERS)

Post by aaneton »

SpiderFighter wrote:
aaneton wrote:One minor thing, when you kill Ogre/Cultist in first room, you can actually use the empty hand to kill as the script only check if dagger is wielded (not if your attacking with it specifically). I forgot to report this a long time ago. Easiest fix would be to make the dagger two-handed.
You were able to reproduce this? I can't...just results in miss after miss.
I have uploaded a video in dropbox called Emptyhand_kill.mp4, check that.

BUT even worse I found another more serious Dagger bug that needs to be fixed:
SpoilerShow
If you hit ogre or cultist with dagger and immediately pick it up from your hand before it disintegrates, you can keep it. Check dropbox video: daggersteal.mp4. So we need to add a to script that makes sure dagger gets not only destroyed from slot but also from backpack, floor and 'selected by mouse' (or create a timer that destorys it as soon as it's re-equipped or something). This wouldn't of course matter if dagger would be crap, but it's EPIC (tease). Alternatively we could make the dagger crap.
Last edited by aaneton on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Grimrock mod (LoG1): The Onkalo Project
My Android (and windows desktop) game: Balloon Gentleman
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

aaneton wrote:BUT even worse I found another more serious Dagger bug that needs to be fixed:
SpoilerShow
If you hit ogre or cultist with dagger and immediately pick it up from your hand before it disintegrates, you can keep it. Check dropbox video: daggersteal.mp4. So we need to add a to script that makes sure dagger gets not only destroyed from slot but also from backpack, floor and 'selected by mouse' (or create a timer that destorys it as soon as it's re-equipped or something).
Yes, I just reported that 2 posts above ;)
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

Diarmuid wrote:
aaneton wrote:BUT even worse I found another more serious Dagger bug that needs to be fixed:
SpoilerShow
If you hit ogre or cultist with dagger and immediately pick it up from your hand before it disintegrates, you can keep it. Check dropbox video: daggersteal.mp4. So we need to add a to script that makes sure dagger gets not only destroyed from slot but also from backpack, floor and 'selected by mouse' (or create a timer that destorys it as soon as it's re-equipped or something).
Yes, I just reported that 2 posts above ;)
I was so excited writing the post I didn't read the ones between :lol:
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

So let me guess... The fix is a millisecond [destroy] timer?
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Wow, that's crazy. Also, I didn't realize you had to be holding the dagger in one hand...makes sense now. lol
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

Isaac wrote:So let me guess... The fix is a millisecond [destroy] timer?
I guess that's a solution too and the timer is there already I guess, we only need to shorten the time.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

I kept the disintegration 3.5s later, because I found the delay cool, just added a check to clear the mouse as well. Also added a goromorg_shield_break sound when it disintegrates, for a cool audio cue.

BTW, is the_shadow_of_the_phoenix someone of you on Steam?
aaneton

Post by aaneton »

Diarmuid wrote:I kept the disintegration 3.5s later, because I found the delay cool, just added a check to clear the mouse as well. Also added a goromorg_shield_break sound when it disintegrates, for a cool audio cue.
I assume you also made it get destroyed in backpack and on floor aswell, because you can do alot in 3.5 seconds, I think my original only destroyed from hands (due to the original missconception that item can't be removed from hand during cooldown) Also you might have seen the other problem with my room in the other thread. Especially the one downstairs Ogre must be fixed as you can break the game so you can't progress anymore (if you throw key on Ogre before releasing prisoners).
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

aaneton wrote:
Diarmuid wrote:I kept the disintegration 3.5s later, because I found the delay cool, just added a check to clear the mouse as well. Also added a goromorg_shield_break sound when it disintegrates, for a cool audio cue.
I assume you also made it get destroyed in backpack and on floor aswell, because you can do alot in 3.5 seconds, I think my original only destroyed from hands (due to the original missconception that item can't be removed from hand during cooldown) Also you might have seen the other problem with my room in the other thread. Especially the one downstairs Ogre must be fixed as you can break the game so you can't progress anymore (if you throw key on Ogre before releasing prisoners).
Ah right, you could throw it away, didn't think of that. Ok, we'll put up some more checks on the to-do list for next patch!
TSotP

Post by TSotP »

Diarmuid wrote:BTW, is the_shadow_of_the_phoenix someone of you on Steam?
That's me. TSotP is an acronym of The Shadow of the Phoenix. It's the internet handle that my 14 year old self thought was cool. I've just kinda stuck with it, but "The Shadow of the Phoenix" is usually too long, so i crunch it down to TSotP

Sorry about the confusion :)