NEWS: standalone version available through grimrock.net

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Fabanjo

Re: NEWS: standalone version available through grimrock.net

Post by Fabanjo »

illustranaut wrote:Hi, I pre-ordered Grimrock off you guys a week or so ago, but the humble store email only seems to give me the option to get it through steam plus the link for the preorder bundle, I'd prefer to play as the standalone version if possible, would there be another option to get it direct later when it's released? Can't wait until 5pm, to get my eager little mitts on this game :)
Read the mail that you have received after you pre-order:
Please save this email so that you can download Legend of Grimrock again whenever you'd like in the future.

If I understand well despite my poor english, when the final game is officially released we will receive a new link or maybe the same link with the full game available for download. ;)
Arinohyoshi

Post by Arinohyoshi »

Your Humblebundle page (the page you you received a link to in email) gets updated when the game is released, and the direct download link of the game will be added on the same page.
Truly yours, Arinohyoshi
illustranaut

Post by illustranaut »

Thanks Guys I thought was probably the case, just thought I'd ask :)
Keyz

Post by Keyz »

Am i only one that have slow download speed from humblebundle? 0,3MB/s?
3gg

torrent ?

Post by 3gg »

♥ oh yes :D

I check my pre-order link and try the Torrent download type, but it doesn't work yet ?! No seeder source ? :cry:

EDIT
I finally downloaded the Direct link type and restart the torrent to seed it, but the tracker humblebundle doesn't accept my connection :?:
Dypa77

Post by Dypa77 »

I bought Legend of Grimrock directly from this site Steam + Standalone version. The Steam version works fine, but for the other one i have a problem: the link of the email you sent me to preorder and that should allow me to download the standalone version of Grimrock gives me this error: "Unknown key! Sorry i could not find this key." asking the mail. I tried to request a copy of the key, the same error. Who can help me?
dammskog

Post by dammskog »

preordered from site but where do I download the installer?

I have just recieved a receipt of the purchase through amazon payments. No download link in the mail and no other mail if I do a search for Grimrock.

edit: found the download link. I saved it when I did the purchase. But I never received a mail with the link.
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

dammskog wrote:preordered from site but where do I download the installer?

I have just recieved a receipt of the purchase through amazon payments. No download link in the mail and no other mail if I do a search for Grimrock.

edit: found the download link. I saved it when I did the purchase. But I never received a mail with the link.

The email comes from the Humble Indie people, check your spam folder if you didn't get it.
louizo

Post by louizo »

Dypa77 wrote:I bought Legend of Grimrock directly from this site Steam + Standalone version. The Steam version works fine, but for the other one i have a problem: the link of the email you sent me to preorder and that should allow me to download the standalone version of Grimrock gives me this error: "Unknown key! Sorry i could not find this key." asking the mail. I tried to request a copy of the key, the same error. Who can help me?
hello,
The email is kind of html format, maybe your email display the link like this (url code start with "3D"):

Unique Humble URL: https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=3Dblahblahblah (this is not my real link of course, just for explanation)

this make also an error "Unknown key" page.
3D is the ascii code in hexadecimal for "=" sign.

You can have the good url by removing the "3D" from the link. So please try the link without the 3D:
https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=blahblahblah

hopefully it will fix you problem ;)
Dhauntyr

Post by Dhauntyr »

Thanks, Petri. We all appreciate it.