Grimrock Nexus and You

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Halluinoid

Re: Grimrock Nexus and You

Post by Halluinoid »

I find the Nexus upload pretty hard to do :oops:

could we have a YOU TUBE video showing us step by step HOW to upload our dungeon please :D
Althewise

Post by Althewise »

i cannot even registrete there(( it says i have wrong mail((( but i use it for 10 yers it's OK((((
dukester70

Post by dukester70 »

I need help with uploading my mod to nexus where and how do I change my file to upload into a zip or any other kind to upload plz help thank you ...Dukester70
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

DISCLAIMER FOR NEW NEXUS MODS MEMBERS LOOKING TO REGISTER TO THE WEBSITE

Upon first clicking the register button, you will be greeted with a page of purchasable options.
You do NOT have to select any of those options to make a free account
Simply press "Create account" without ticking any boxes.
You will then be able to download and publish mods normally.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie »

Now Nexus is often terrible slow to download from and Big Brother Steam might not be what others want. Another alternative can be either 'usenet posts' or torrent links. Only, someone has to upload them first. I wonder who's kind to do so and how many people prefer any of the 4 options. Also I would like to have a poll what people prefer.

Sorry Robin, I'm not here to kick against Nexus,but at the moment I'm unable to download anything. Sometimes when I do have the option of my download manager and select it, it will download faster. If I don't have the option and it automatically starts downloading from my browser, but after a hour and 30 MB later I close my browser. I've read all the disabling bits.
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Neikun wrote:DISCLAIMER FOR NEW NEXUS MODS MEMBERS LOOKING TO REGISTER TO THE WEBSITE

Upon first clicking the register button, you will be greeted with a page of purchasable options.
You do NOT have to select any of those options to make a free account
Simply press "Create account" without ticking any boxes.
You will then be able to download and publish mods normally.

True, but if you don't go for the "pay for" option..... you might wait an hour or so for "File is Syncing..." - That's ridiculous!
Regards,

RMariano
Komag

Post by Komag »

I've downloaded lots of files from Nexus, Grimrock files, Skyrim mods, etc, and never had a problem with my free account there, so at least in my experience they're fine.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Komag wrote:I've downloaded lots of files from Nexus, Grimrock files, Skyrim mods, etc, and never had a problem with my free account there, so at least in my experience they're fine.
That has been the case for me too...... Until today.... its seems to be, as I said, perpetually "File is Syncing..." (I just checked again)

No free account servers available while trying to Download "Twin Chalices".

Edit: Today; 12/03/2013 it appears Nexus is down.
Regards,

RMariano
Eobersig

Post by Eobersig »

Here's my opinion:

I played Grimrock when it first came out and returned now to check-out the mods (now playing Eye of the Dragon, a very good mod in my opinion, a few things I like less, still a very good mod) - and you know why I downloaded that mod first?

Because it can be downloaded from a normal site: no need to buy Grimrock via Steam (I bought it from GoG at release), no need to make an account on Nexus just to download a mod. I'm sure Nexus is a fine site for modders - but it's not a good site to host the mods, Nexus makes it too cumbersome for people that just want to play a mod.

I honestly believe modders would have had more players if they would host their mod at any of the dozens of file download sites on the Internet instead of only on Steam and Nexus.
Halluinoid

Post by Halluinoid »

let's hope that by the time LOG2 is released all these points are resolved :roll:

Modders need good guidance on WHERE and HOW they upload their MOD

in my experience the HOW is a closely guarded "secret" - you show me the step by step guide on HOW to upload your MOD, it doesn't exist