Excruciating keyboard lag

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
gobcfc

Excruciating keyboard lag

Post by gobcfc »

I'm in love with this game but I'm increasingly experiencing severe lag from my wireless USB keyboard. I'm not talking about half a second to a second here (although that does occur, of course). Every now and then my characters stop moving and ignore keyboard inputs for 5, 10, sometimes even 20 seconds, after which most or all of the input actions happen one after another. It's not constant so I've struggled through it, but as you can imagine in combat this can be pretty infuriating. I've borrowed another keyboard (wired USB) to test this problem and it seemed to work fine, but I won't necessarily always have access to the wired keyboard so I'd like to find a solution that allows me to play LOG with my usual, wireless keyboard.

I'm running the game on the following:
Geforce GTX 650 Ti Boost
Intel i5 3330
8 GB RAM
Windows 8

The keyboard is a Novetech Wireless Combo, a keyboard and mouse using a single USB dongle. Can anyone suggest a way of fixing this issue?
Dr.Disaster

Re: Excruciating keyboard lag

Post by Dr.Disaster »

after reading "wireless" keyboard
1st thought: check the batteries
2nd thought: re-initialize the wireless connection
Komag

Post by Komag »

Do you never get lags otherwise, with Windows or other games? Not sure what the difference could be then.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
gobcfc

Post by gobcfc »

Thanks guys. Dr Disaster's idea of re-initialising the wireless connection seemed to work - I unplugged the dongle and put it back in, and haven't noticed anything since. Wireless keyboards will never be perfect for a game like this, but I was able to complete LoG today without any further problems.