Both LoG & LoG2 on Wii U?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Namko

Both LoG & LoG2 on Wii U?

Post by Namko »

Heya,

I've already bought LoG on Steam, but I was thinking about how "cool" it would be to see LoG and LoG2 on the Wii U.
You can do a lot with the gamepad, and the Wii U hardware should be strong enough to run it smooth.

Just a simple concept

I wouldn't mind buying it again on the Wii U! ;)
Dr.Disaster

Re: Both LoG & LoG2 on Wii U?

Post by Dr.Disaster »

After looking up the Wii U spec i find it highly unlike that we'll ever see LoG 1 or 2 there: it has only 1 gig of RAM to work with, a PPC triple-core CPU running at 1,25 GHz and some Radeon chip running at 550 MHz.
Namko

Post by Namko »

Dr.Disaster wrote:After looking up the Wii U spec i find it highly unlike that we'll ever see LoG 1 or 2 there: it has only 1 gig of RAM to work with, a PPC triple-core CPU running at 1,25 GHz and some Radeon chip running at 550 MHz.
Don't compare the console to a PC spec. Such things just works different. ;)
It can be possible. Look how much ram and other stuff Xbox360 and PS3 have and look what games you can play on them.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Namko wrote:It can be possible.
If AH wants to try a console port it is their choice to make one. For Wii U, Xbox360 and PS3 i say it's not worth trying due to the CPU and far more important GPU power needed to run LoG in HD resolutions.
Namko wrote:Look how much ram and other stuff Xbox360 and PS3 have and look what games you can play on them.
Realtime rendered light and shadow effects as featured by LoG do require GPU power, no matter if PC or console. Beside the new PS4 and Xbox One consoles none of the established ones on the markt has the hardware needed to deliver.
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

I'm fairly confident wii u would be powerful enough, even if we forget the work on the ipad port =)

It again more comes down to manpower, licensing fees, devkits, that sort of stuff. Mostly manpower, which AH currently seems to focus on LoG2.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Namko

Post by Namko »

Sol_HSA wrote:I'm fairly confident wii u would be powerful enough, even if we forget the work on the ipad port =)

It again more comes down to manpower, licensing fees, devkits, that sort of stuff. Mostly manpower, which AH currently seems to focus on LoG2.
Hehe I understand that! :D
It seems that Nintendo is working hard with "Indie Devs" these days and are pretty open with them: https://gdc2013.nintendo.com/# or https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com/

Anyway, time will tell! :D

Even if it doesn't come to the Wii U, I will buy LoG2 for sure on Steam! ;)

(edited for the new site)
karadoc

Post by karadoc »

I reckon LoG could be very good on the Wii U, but it would need some gameplay tweaks. For example, how would one activate secret switches?
Namko

Post by Namko »

karadoc wrote:I reckon LoG could be very good on the Wii U, but it would need some gameplay tweaks. For example, how would one activate secret switches?
The same way as the iPad version will I guess? Using the touch screen on the Gamepad. :)
karadoc

Post by karadoc »

Namko wrote:
karadoc wrote:I reckon LoG could be very good on the Wii U, but it would need some gameplay tweaks. For example, how would one activate secret switches?
The same way as the iPad version will I guess? Using the touch screen on the Gamepad. :)
I was imagining that the TV screen would show the main display of the game (ie. the walls, corradors, monsters, switches, items on the ground etc.); and the screen on the controler would just show some of the HUD controls such as characters' attacks and spells, the inventory screen, and stuff like that. I think it would be a waste of the big screen if the game had to have clickable walls drawn onto the touch-screen as well.

The iPad is a bit different because it only has one screen, and that entire screen is a touch-screen. So I presume the iPad controls would mimic the current PC controls, simply replacing the mouse-click with a tap on the touch screen.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

I wonder how well LoG would sell on the Wii U? It's not it's usual kind of game.

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...