[MOD] Nightfall: First Contact (English language)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
DeDy

Re: [MOD] Nightfall: First Contact (English language)

Post by DeDy »

Tristanna wrote:Hi,

Only one question :) :
SpoilerShow
I'm on Level 14 (Dark Lord Tower 7), all the level is cleaned.. and I don't know what to do !
I have the "Weapon of Power", the 4 doors are opened with 4 "Prison Key".. and now ?
Go to Dark Lord OLD Dungeon 6 for 4× items "Ore (10 kg)" and insert to receptor in center tower 7 and go to Tower 8.
Thanks for answer.

Tristanna
Nightfall: First Contact – http://dedy.euweb.cz/nightfall.html
Tristanna

Post by Tristanna »

DeDy wrote:
Tristanna wrote:Hi,

Only one question :) :
SpoilerShow
I'm on Level 14 (Dark Lord Tower 7), all the level is cleaned.. and I don't know what to do !
I have the "Weapon of Power", the 4 doors are opened with 4 "Prison Key".. and now ?
Go to Dark Lord OLD Dungeon 6 for 4× items "Ore (10 kg)" and insert to receptor in center tower 7 and go to Tower 8.
Thanks for answer.

Tristanna
You're really a big fan of "Chaos Strikes Back" (like me !) > UP, DOWN, DOWN, UP.... :D

Thanks for your answer.
edemskicz

Post by edemskicz »

So outta ... (third examination) It's awesome!
SpoilerShow
Tristanna

Post by Tristanna »

Hi,

I finished your MOD today.
Good atmosphere in the game, with new sounds, some puzzles are a little bit hard (thanks to Edemski for his help ;) ).
But above all, this MOD is very, very long, 19 Levels ! but a real pleasure to play, the Autor really love "Chaos Strikes Back", especially towards the end. I saw two of the three ends.
I played the game with the 1st Rogue: Daggers and Dodge and the 2nd Rogue: Throwing Weapons and Dodge, Fighter with Swords and Armors, Mage with Fire Magic and Spellcraft (the best "Fighter" :-)). Finish game with Level 12 for all players.

Thanks you very much DeDy for your work ! Top Five of my MODs :D

Some questions:
SpoilerShow
- When we get Green Soul and Blue Soul on Level 19, it's the end, so what the interest of the Teleporter to Level 7 ? to come back again to Level 16 to have a game with more duration ?
- The 3rd end is not completly in English (Czech language) and on Level 16 (room with five Crabs), I found a Scroll with: "Ustupi pouze pet veznu" (Czech language too)
Tristanna
DeDy

Post by DeDy »

Caution, spoiler on the positive end.
SpoilerShow
Yes, if you take all three of the soul and you get them in a eastward from the dungeon, you'll see the last third positive end.

About errors in the text, I know I have already prepared version 1.2. It will be really ornate.
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Hello.

Can anyone help me?. I have started playing this cool module and I am already stuck. I have reached up to level 4 I think, but there are locked doors everywehere and not a single key. I will post some map screenshots later.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
DeDy

Post by DeDy »

eLPuSHeR wrote:Hello.

Can anyone help me?. I have started playing this cool module and I am already stuck. I have reached up to level 4 I think, but there are locked doors everywehere and not a single key. I will post some map screenshots later.
SpoilerShow
I assume you're on the fourth floor at the beginning. Here it is necessary to insert a golden key, which he finds on the floor above for spiders.
chmilz

Post by chmilz »

Hi, I'm a bit stuck and need some assistance:
SpoilerShow
Dungeon 7/Tower 1-2
I believe I've opened everything on Tower 1, says I can see the bottom of the hole now. I drop down to Tower 2 where I have to choose a direction. No matter which direction I choose, the trap opens and if I drop down I get stuck in Tower 7. I've been stuck on this one for hours, can't seem to figure it out.

Gimme a tiny hint to get me back on track.

Awesome mod BTW!
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

DeDy wrote:
eLPuSHeR wrote:Hello.

SpoilerShow
I assume you're on the fourth floor at the beginning. Here it is necessary to insert a golden key, which he finds on the floor above for spiders.
Thanks. This is the maps for levels 1-4 in my savegame. I will try what you suggest.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Tristanna

Post by Tristanna »

chmilz wrote:Hi, I'm a bit stuck and need some assistance:
SpoilerShow
Dungeon 7/Tower 1-2
I believe I've opened everything on Tower 1, says I can see the bottom of the hole now. I drop down to Tower 2 where I have to choose a direction. No matter which direction I choose, the trap opens and if I drop down I get stuck in Tower 7. I've been stuck on this one for hours, can't seem to figure it out.

Gimme a tiny hint to get me back on track.

Awesome mod BTW!
Hi,

If you want a little hint:
SpoilerShow
Don't you see "Rock" on the ground ? Did you try to put them on the "Traps"...? ;)
Bye

Tristanna