Master Arrak's Treasure (MOD)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Tristanna

Re: Master Arrak's Treasure (MOD)

Post by Tristanna »

Conchron wrote:
Tristanna wrote:Hi,

I'm stuck on Level 2 (return from Level 3):
SpoilerShow
My questions (numbers on the map):
1) There's a Blue Gem here, I can't take it, how to do ? (if it's possible...?)
2) How to open these two doors ?
3) How to go here?
4) Is there something to do here?
5) How to go out this room?! :?

Thank you for yours answers.

Tristanna
SpoilerShow
1) There is a lever that turns off the teleporters after you've opened the two doors.
2) There is a cave in before the doors. It's breakable, you need to smash it. Once you get through there is a button that opens the doors. (Once you get through those two doors you have to remember the "lesson" from level 1, "to give is to get". That will open a wall where the lever for question #1 is.
3) This is where you end up when you get out of the room.
4) This one is easy when you know that you can remove the cave ins by breaking them.
5) You'll get out when you break the cave in at 4.

That you can break stuff is good to remember later on, there are more things that you can break in the lower levels, not only cave ins.
Thank you very much for answers.

I didn't know that "cave in" was "breakable" ! :o
I understand better why I forgot some stuff on Level 1 ! (you put a cross on a cave on your level 1 map, I know why now...)
I will return to Level 1 (if I can) to explore all that I forgot.

I really enjoy your MOD ! :)
edemskicz

Post by edemskicz »

What should I put there? I have no idea and I tried almost everything
Tristanna

Post by Tristanna »

edemskicz wrote:What should I put there? I have no idea and I tried almost everything
Hi again edemskicz,

You advance faster than me!... but I work during the day... and play at night :)
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Hi there.
edemskicz wrote:What should I put there? I have no idea and I tried almost everything
You need the
SpoilerShow
Thief's Cloak. It looks like a normal cloak but has Evasion +200, if I remember it correctly
. However, I do not recall, where exactly it can be found.

Best,

Gunnar
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

Hej.
Conchron wrote:
Gunnar wrote: Ah, now I made it (30 seconds after posting here), by using
SpoilerShow
bow and arrow instead of throwing a stone
Tjena,

Good you solved it. It should work if one of your party members throw the rock. I'll have a look at it later when I get back home again (I'm on vacation), just in case I've messed something up.
Thanks for your help. Very appreciated, as always. I learned that it makes a BIG DIFFERENCE if a party member throws the rock (i.e. has it equipped and you launch an attack) or if you hold the rock with the cursor and throw it then. If you throw it via "cursor", the rock does not fly that far.

In addition, thanks a lot for this awful mod, which I just finished. This mod is top notch quality at the same level as I would expect a professional expansion to be!

Do accept Paypal donations so that you can at least by yourself a pizza or something? If so, do not hesitate to send me an email.

Best regards from Germany,

Gunnar
Tristanna

Post by Tristanna »

Hi again edemskicz,

Solution:
SpoilerShow
You have to put "Thief's of Cloak" on Altar and you'll find it here (with the Ogre):

Bye

Tristanna
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

What's the deal with the northeast corner of level 2 (near the God of war altar)?. Two of my party members are dead and monsters respawn endlessly. I need to reach the crystal on level 1. Any ideas?
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Conchron

Post by Conchron »

eLPuSHeR wrote:What's the deal with the northeast corner of level 2 (near the God of war altar)?. Two of my party members are dead and monsters respawn endlessly. I need to reach the crystal on level 1. Any ideas?
SpoilerShow
You need to find the buttons that spawn fireballs. Once there has been enough fireballs 2 doors will open so that you can continue. As it's been said earlier, the cave in is breakable and that's the way out. You won't get to a healing crystal any time soon. I've marked the buttons on my map. There is also an area where the monsters and fire balls won't get to you. A weak blue light will guide you there if you haven't found it yet. (Top right corner area.)
Conchron

Post by Conchron »

Gunnar wrote: In addition, thanks a lot for this awful mod, which I just finished. This mod is top notch quality at the same level as I would expect a professional expansion to be!

Do accept Paypal donations so that you can at least by yourself a pizza or something? If so, do not hesitate to send me an email.
Danke sehr! :) I haven't even thought of paypal, I've seen this project as too "amateurish". I'll have to think it over when I get back home again.
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Conchron wrote:
eLPuSHeR wrote:What's the deal with the northeast corner of level 2 (near the God of war altar)?. Two of my party members are dead and monsters respawn endlessly. I need to reach the crystal on level 1. Any ideas?
SpoilerShow
You need to find the buttons that spawn fireballs. Once there has been enough fireballs 2 doors will open so that you can continue. As it's been said earlier, the cave in is breakable and that's the way out. You won't get to a healing crystal any time soon. I've marked the buttons on my map. There is also an area where the monsters and fire balls won't get to you. A weak blue light will guide you there if you haven't found it yet. (Top right corner area.)
Thanks! I will check later. But I still have the problem with being unable to proceed forward to the end of the corridor because of the endless monster spawns.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)