[MOD] LABYRINTH OF LIES - v3.6 Release

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Flou

Re: [MOD] Labyrinth of Lies (half complete)

Post by Flou »

ok i understand!
in your dungeons i'm blocked at the 10th floor, in the shaft control room.
I think i understand the first sequence SWEWES to open a door where a teleporter don't work and there are a lever who open a door where there are two pressure plate, and then i tried a lot of thing but nothing happen.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

WOW!! :D
Well you are the first to say they have reached the end of the first half!!
Yes in the shaft control room, that is one of the sequences, and there is another sequence
SpoilerShow
SEWSEW
. The sequence you mentioned will open the gate for the lever which will open another gate. The sequence I mentioned will open another gate so you can access the gate opened by the lever. I just realised the teleporter does nothing, but it should take you back to the start of the puzzle as "most" of the others do.... btw, did you try the
SpoilerShow
south west corner teleporter??? ;)

That puzzle will take you to another boss fight which is not yet complete - because you have reached the end of the first half of the game (I assume you have completed the
SpoilerShow
Interrogation room and detention chambers - the other two rooms nearby...
I have begun work on the next levels 11-14 and 1-2, hopefully the full version will be completed within a month or so....

Please let me know what you think and what could be improved!??
Congratulations!
Flou

Post by Flou »

hello!
happy new year :D

i think i don't ask the good question.

i already do this, the secret too ;) , but i don't know what is the utility of the two plate, i activate then but i don't what to do now

i found the key 2 in the two room nearby, where they are a lot of golem and the other where there are the rock slime
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Happy New Year to you too! :)

There is nothing left to do really, for now. The two plates you reach at the end of the teleporter puzzle are just a link to a big boss fight at the end of that level. However, the boss fight is not done yet and the two plates do nothing (now that you mention it, I should have made the two plates work to lead you to the room and just have left a note on the ground explaining all this).

Sorry for the confusion Flou :oops:
But yes, you have effectively completed the first half of the dungeon.
Full version is being done right now and will be available in a month or so hopefully :)
Do you have any suggestions / advise or requests for the the full version???
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Just a small update....
I have finished up the next 4 levels.... 2 levels to go.... plus the introduction of some very very secret levels
Spell system has grown quite a bit and I am also busy converting the current spells over to Diarmuid's EXSP spell system
Still a lot of custom work with items/equipment to be done also, so a little while yet before the full version of Labyrinth of Lies is released

I will also need play testers when the time comes so I can release the mod
Lightangels

Post by Lightangels »

Mod abandonned ????? :( I played the beta version it's look amazing ! sooo bad if you are close the project :((
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

LightAngels,
Absolutely NOT abandoned !! :twisted:

I have been working pretty solidly on the mod despite some distractions, it is taking a while longer than I anticipated though... reasons being - I have had to create a lot of custom gear for the second half and in re-balancing the first half. Also finishing up the redone spell system has been tricky. So far I have done around 4 of the last 6 levels but there are also some secret level areas that I had created but unfortunately lost due to a silly mistake (I overwrote most of my lua files instead of merging and had to use a back up which did have those levels saved).

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the half-mod beta version... unfortunately there were are few mistakes which got people stuck and faced with starting over. I am going to do a bit more testing before I release the full version.

Would you perhaps be interested in testing the full version once its play-test worthy?
Lightangels

Post by Lightangels »

Of course i'm interessed ! I try to do my best because i'm french but my english are good i think.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Super! Great to hear :D
Once I have the full version working I will definitely be in contact with you for some play through tests
Thanks Lightangels ;)
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Hi Everyone, just a quick update! New spell system complete (~120 spells including upgrades. ~ 20 spells per magic skill). Ranger class option added at the end of first level. Ranger and Battle mage specialty equipment done. Monster ranged attacks - magic and projectiles done. I am now finishing off the custom items models and icons (there are so many!!!!!). Just a few more monsters to re-render - just to be extra mean! This should take about 2 weeks of my spare time. Then I have provisioned 6 weeks to finish the final 2 levels + 4 secret levels. Then I will be playtesting furiously. I will definitely need help playtesting. Send me a message if you are interested in the playtesting. But I warn you - this mod will be around twice as long as the original game. Thanks for being patient :-)