MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: Master Quest HELP THREAD puzzles, clues, stuck? ASK HERE

Post by Komag »

SpoilerShow
pretty much same as original game, button on right (hear little tick tock sound), lever up and down lots of times (hear tick tock each time) leaving up, left button.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Need some help...
SpoilerShow
currently on level...9, i guess? I forgot and can't check right now. But here's the stuff: "ogre passage" or something like that. I´ve got that we must free the ogres in order they step on plates, then the demon heads will release bolts, opening a nearby door. My question is, in what order it should be done, and also what's up with that gems on the statues? We have to remove them? Before of after the ogres step in the plates?
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

thanks Komag

Never heard any tick tock sounds pressing buttons or using lever. Dnt know why. I just dropped this room and moved ahead now cruising the next level.
Komag

Post by Komag »

leewroy wrote:Need some help...
SpoilerShow
currently on level...9, i guess? I forgot and can't check right now. But here's the stuff: "ogre passage" or something like that. I´ve got that we must free the ogres in order they step on plates, then the demon heads will release bolts, opening a nearby door. My question is, in what order it should be done, and also what's up with that gems on the statues? We have to remove them? Before of after the ogres step in the plates?
SpoilerShow
"all things must be done in pairs" is the key hint to all of that. Each ogre has a pair of plates that must be ran across fast, each daemon head has a pair of eyes that must match, and the two ogres together form a pair of ogres that must be lured to run one right after the other. Use the button near the crossing point, and lure the N/S ogre to run first, then the E/W ogre, then get out of the way of both the ogres and the magic bolts. It's a bit of a dance but not too hard once you know what to do.
jimirenton

Post by jimirenton »

Amazing mod ! I'm really having fun !
I don't know how to open the fighter's challenge door, the one with the message that says "seek the edege of the isle"
Could you help me ?
Komag

Post by Komag »

SpoilerShow
it refers to the map that comes with the game, the isle is the Isle of Nex, the item is the Sword of Nex. That clue doesn't help you find the item, but once you find it, then you'll know where to take it :)
jimirenton

Post by jimirenton »

I'm stuck in the room that says "THE GREATER DISTANCE REQUIRES THE QUICKER SHOT". I managed to shoot an arrow in each green lights and heard a "click" everytime but nothing happens, the doors are still closed. I'm trapped there. Could you please tell me what to do ?
Thanks for your help !!!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

jimirenton wrote:I'm stuck in the room that says "THE GREATER DISTANCE REQUIRES THE QUICKER SHOT". I managed to shoot an arrow in each green lights and heard a "click" everytime but nothing happens, the doors are still closed. I'm trapped there. Could you please tell me what to do ?
Thanks for your help !!!
seems you need more clicks
ShaggyDowns

Post by ShaggyDowns »

I also cannot find the last secret on level 2. I have 10 secrets so far and I only found 7 of them on level 2. I am pretty sure I found all the basic ones that deal with buttons and stuff. I checked the walkthrough on the original game and it noted 6 secrets. I definitely found all of those, so it has to be one of the 2 new secrets. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Komag

Post by Komag »

secrets of level 2
SpoilerShow

Code: Select all

4    2   1   1,29    secret_112 SW room, axe
5    2   2   16,26   secret_4   compass room, leather gloves
6    2   3   22,29   secret_5   secret button opens cell, poison arrows
7    2   4   24,25   secret_6   no-weapons room, bone amulet
8    2   5   2,3     secret_71  holding cells NW, energy potion
9    2   6   18,2    secret_7   N herder room, iron basinet, leather pants, skull
10   2   7   20,9    secret_8   Iron Door, bow/arrows
11   2   8   12,13   secret_9   near end, center W, box w/healing potion, nomad boots