[DEVELOPER DISCUSSION] One Room Round Robin 2 (SPOILERS)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
SpiderFighter

Re: [SIGNUP / DISCUSS] One Room Round Robin 2!

Post by SpiderFighter »

Ryeath_Greystalk wrote:SpiderFighter

If a person has a room that thay think is ready, should they submit that to you or someone else for a playtest, or just wait for their turn at the main dungeon?
Ok, gentlemen (and goddess :) )...I have received Ryeath_Greystalk's submission, and I just want to say this, in the public forum...

.....we are off to a terrific start! I haven't had time to solve it, but I do understand the mechanics of the puzzle. It's a variation of a room in the first ORRR, and is extremely well done. The lighting is great, the setup is visually interesting, and the puzzle itself is easy enough to understand while being *just* complex enough to be satisfying.

Well done!
Ryeath_Greystalk

Post by Ryeath_Greystalk »

Very kind words SpiderFighter.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Ryeath_Greystalk wrote:Very kind words SpiderFighter.
I hope you didn't mind me posting my thoughts in here, but I wanted everyone to know the bar had been set. Nicely done, sir! :)

...and to the rest of you, who are lurking in the back and reading...why haven't you signed up yet?
Billick

Post by Billick »

I didn't even realize the base map was available yet. Did I miss that?
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Billick wrote:I didn't even realize the base map was available yet. Did I miss that?
Diarmuid is currently optimizing it, and it'll most likely be ready around the time we close the list. I will say that he's got it kicking along between 22-25fps on my year-old (big box store) system (from 8-10), and it's looking goooooooooooooooood.
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Map is coming along well. Installed lord yig's keys and set all main locks to swirl. So everyone has to put a swirl key in his room :). Also installed grimwidgets and logFramework (which includes grimq).

Here are some more pics, pillars now draw correctly on other levels:

Skuggasveinn is working on some chains to serve as railings, as well as some other decorations (gargoyles!) for the central shaft.

Map is in a usable state however, so if anyone wants already the file to start building his room in it, we can send you the source!
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Diarmuid wrote:Map is coming along well. Installed lord yig's keys and set all main locks to swirl. So everyone has to put a swirl key in his room :). Also installed grimwidgets and logFramework (which includes grimq).
Ah, good. I was going to ask if everyone wanted to go that route (grimwidgets).
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

SpiderFighter wrote:
Diarmuid wrote:Map is coming along well. Installed lord yig's keys and set all main locks to swirl. So everyone has to put a swirl key in his room :). Also installed grimwidgets and logFramework (which includes grimq).
Ah, good. I was going to ask if everyone wanted to go that route (grimwidgets).
Well, I thought it could be there anyway, if people don't want to use it they can simply ignore it.
Xanathar

Post by Xanathar »

I still don't know if I'm going with a room or not due to time reasons.. but I can give you a grimq release shortly which fixes a couple (by which I mean a couple of dozens :D ) bugs, including a patching around allEntities, if you are interested :)

Edit: I delivered anyway.
Last edited by Xanathar on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waking Violet (Steam, PS4, PSVita, Switch) : http://www.wakingviolet.com

The Sunset Gate [MOD]: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5563

My preciousss: http://www.moonsharp.org
mahric

Post by mahric »

Is there any reasonable guess how much room on custom assets each developer gets?
I really hope that I can use around 3MB, or I would have to drastically simplify my room.
Did you visit the Wine Merchant's Basement? And heard about the Awakening of Taarnab?