[DEVELOPER DISCUSSION] One Room Round Robin 2 (SPOILERS)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Ryeath_Greystalk

Re: [SIGNUP / DISCUSS] One Room Round Robin 2!

Post by Ryeath_Greystalk »

SpiderFighter

If a person has a room that thay think is ready, should they submit that to you or someone else for a playtest, or just wait for their turn at the main dungeon?
Merethif

Post by Merethif »

Speaking about keys, I totally agree with Neikun and Diarmuid.
Personally I find LordYig's Swirl Key most suitable for the task. It looks extraordinary and unique enough for the purpose.
SpoilerShow
But I'm more then ok with any other choice from Germanny's or LordYig's collections.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Merethif wrote:Speaking about keys, I totally agree with Neikun and Diarmuid.
Personally I find LordYig's Swirl Key most suitable for the task. It looks extraordinary and unique enough for the purpose.
SpoilerShow
But I'm more then ok with any other choice from Germanny's or LordYig's collections.
That is sexeh!

@Ryeath_Greystalk: I'd be happy to give it a spin, but we'll want to go over it again once it's in place in the actual mod, just to ensure there aren't any conflicts with the way things are named, custom assets, et al. Feel free to PM me a link, or upload to the dropbox if you're in.
Krazzikk

Post by Krazzikk »

Excuse me, but if this is what I think it is, it looks fun.

Is this going to be a dungeon where everyone contributes by creating one room? And if so will newbies like me be welcome :D?
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Everyone is welcome!!! This is an opportunity for the whole community to contribute at their respective skill level and have fun, not some kind of "best modders" competition. And there are many experienced people on the project who can help newcomers in ironing details. :)
Krazzikk

Post by Krazzikk »

I'm still not sure what exactly this project is. Could you possibly explain for me? <3
Diarmuid

Post by Diarmuid »

Exactly what you said: 24 different people design each one room. The objective of each room is to find a key required to progress, eventually getting to the top after a minimum of 16 keys.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Diarmuid wrote:Everyone is welcome!!! This is an opportunity for the whole community to contribute at their respective skill level and have fun, not some kind of "best modders" competition. And there are many experienced people on the project who can help newcomers in ironing details. :)
Well said!! :D
Krazzikk

Post by Krazzikk »

I appreciate your hospitality xD

I tried searching for the first "One Room Round Robin" but I couldn't find it. Could someone link me to it so I have an example? c:
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Krazzikk wrote:I appreciate your hospitality xD

I tried searching for the first "One Room Round Robin" but I couldn't find it. Could someone link me to it so I have an example? c:
Here's the link, but please don't think you can't do this...we're all happy to help.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4982