Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOURCE

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: Legend of Grimrock - MASTER QUEST - PUBLIC RELEASE w/SOU

Post by Komag »

I'd love for AH to adopt this mod as an "official" add-on, but it's just a mod made by me, a big fan, I'm not part of AH officially :)

But I think you'll find what you're looking for in Master Quest, a souped-up refreshed version of Grimrock :D
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I am at LV8 now with the imported Party from the Beta, and I must say, even if you played the Beta, it is worth to play again the release Version.
I see that Komag polished up little bit before releasing (based on Tester Notes?) and it plays little bit better now.

By the Way: This time I also found the 2-3 missing secrets in the Beta. This Mod is Awesome and definitely worth to play and play again anyway... :mrgreen:
My first LoG-Mod: Abandoned Places 2
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Congrats on this huge release Komag! Some of those screen caps are jaw dropping. I'm making my way through the original game again and after that I plan on importing that party into the Master Quest and relishing in the differences. What a smart way to learn the editor, and we get to benefit!
Polioliolio

Post by Polioliolio »

I've yet to play Legend of Grimrock, but I have it sitting on my computer from a humble bundle, waiting to be played.

My question is, should I just go ahead and use Master Quest the first time I decide to play it?

Thanks!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

If you dont care about Steam "Achievements" you could play Komags MQ like you would play the original game.
However, I played the original first because of the Achievements (I like to unlock Achievemets for Games I love to play - like LoG - and dont care about Achievements for Games I dont like much)

AFAIK Achievements cant be unlocked with Mods, this is the only restriction to Mods I know of.
On the other hand, you cant import Partys to replay the original Game i.e like you can with Komags MQ.
You could play first the original Game and then import your Party with the MQ-Mod and replay with leveled chars for a new experience like you would (re)play the original with an Addon pack. :mrgreen:

lg Wanderer
My first LoG-Mod: Abandoned Places 2
Komag

Post by Komag »

Polioliolio wrote:I've yet to play Legend of Grimrock, but I have it sitting on my computer from a humble bundle, waiting to be played.

My question is, should I just go ahead and use Master Quest the first time I decide to play it?

Thanks!
I think it makes more sense to play the original first, as MQ was really designed with the experienced player in mind :)
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Polioliolio wrote:I've yet to play Legend of Grimrock, but I have it sitting on my computer from a humble bundle, waiting to be played.

I would recommend playing the original dungeon first. It was also build for new players to get used to the game while MQ assumes you are already familiar with LoG.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

Count me as another vote to play the original game first. My reason, though, is that SO much has been developed and changed since the original release, that it really will feel like a whole new experience when you get to the Master Quest and other mods (@Komag: just curious; any custom alcoves in here?).
Komag

Post by Komag »

SpiderFighter wrote:(@Komag: just curious; any custom alcoves in here?).
Yes, quite a ton in fact. The dreams alone use a whopping 1440 procedurally defined alcoves to simulate the animation! Other than that there are a variety of custom alcoves here and there for specific purposes (for instance, the cube uses a ton of them, most of which are spawned and destroyed on the fly to suit the needs of the battle)
Komag

Post by Komag »

Hey guys, we got a mention on the Linux site RootGamer.com: :D
http://rootgamer.com/news/legend-grimrock-linux