[MOD]Paths of the Earth

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
LocalFire

[MOD]Paths of the Earth

Post by LocalFire »

Just uploaded my dungeon to the Nexus, and updated my steam version (hopefully bug free at last)
Its a 10 level dungeon (7 main levels, 1 pit level, 1 secret level and 1 optional level) suited to new or mid-level parties, I've set out a range of items to suit any party setup
It has a story, which can be fairly simple, or deeper if you're willing to hunt down my lore scrolls (I wrote quite abit of lore)

If anyones interested in my dungeon check it out!

http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/222
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =127506525

NEED HELP? I have begun to make a video guide for this dungeon to aid players who get stuck and reveal the secrets of the paths check it here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRDndgw ... dbF-9KDKoG

SECRETS LIST: For secret searchers who don't want the spoilers of the video guide here is a complete list of secrets by floor.
SpoilerShow
Secrets and their (major) contents, Secrets also grant EXP.

Floor 1: 6 Floor 2: 10 Floor 3: 7 Floor 4: 8 Floor 5: 6 Floor 6: 4 Floor 7: NONE Floor 8: NONE Floor 9: NONE Floor 10: 1

Floor 1: (Focus Rod Missable) (Life Crystal) (Reveals Altar) (Desert Pearl) (Beast Cells) (Life Crystal, Skeleton, Shield)

Floor 2: (Arrows Access via level 1) (Drakes Demise Access from Level 1, Requires blue gems missable) (Flarefeather Cap) (Leather Greaves) (Hand axe, Helm) (Tome of Wisdom) (Treasury) (Draco Ward) (Lurker Boots, Skull) (Desert Pearls) (Desert Pearls)

Floor 3: (Ring Greaves) (Diviners Cloak) (Helm of the Legion) (Battle Axe) (Spirit Mirror) (Snowpoint Spear) (Champions Run)

Floor 4: (Shaman Staff Requires Golden Lamp) (Restricted section-Various Tomes) (Bracer of Fortitude) (Norja) (Lightning Blade Requires Wisdom Star) (Hidden chamber) (Hidden Armoury Requires fire arrow) (Scribes Challenge From hint on level 5)

Floor 5: (Passage, Prison Key) (Connecting Passage) (Connecting Passage) (Elementalists Ritual Requires Ritual Blade) (Kitchen Access) (Artificers Trial)

Floor 6: (Golden Chalice) (Lovers Gift Requires Skull of Gale Rhys) (Whitestrike) (Assassin Dagger, Tome of Energy)

Floor 7: NONE

Floor 8: NONE

Floor 9: NONE

Floor 10: (Golden Dragon)
Last edited by LocalFire on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
My Dungeons
Paths of the Earth: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5136
Beneath the Sands: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5216
Videos: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5443
Komag

Re: Paths of the Earth

Post by Komag »

I see that it's v1.4 now, so was the Feb 16 date on Steam the original v1.0?
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Yeah, I believe I've fixed all the bugs, so I put the latest version on the Nexus
My Dungeons
tymur

Post by tymur »

I try it many times, but every time it ends after few seconds, I cannot find what suppose to do.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

tymur wrote:I try it many times, but every time it ends after few seconds, I cannot find what suppose to do.
Same for me. After a minute or so the end credits come up.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Jaberwoke wrote:
tymur wrote:I try it many times, but every time it ends after few seconds, I cannot find what suppose to do.
Same for me. After a minute or so the end credits come up.
and I've downloaded the latest version. I see on Steam that there have been problems. Hopefully it can be sorted.
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Doesn't seem like the author wishes to support here. He's around a lot on steam. There's certainly a problem with the mod - have tried many times but end credits appear after a few minutes. I'll give this one a miss.
monu

Post by monu »

On this forum of this commercial game i don't want to be inquisitive , moral harassed or manipulate you like a ballon of football, (no ,no i don't want this because i respected your mental integrity and value ) i only want,wish,hope,would like to know where i can found a version driving on the regular linux and not only with windows (xp,hasta la vista,7 and now 8 8-) ) ! ! ! !
thanks for this equality of game .
LocalFire

Post by LocalFire »

Sorry for not posting here I forget about this board

The problem with the credits rolling early has been fixed, it was entirely my fault I rushed out an update to fix a few bugs without giving it test, as a result a monster got into the final teleporter and triggered the ending, the fix caused more problems than it solved

I was in a rush to update before heading to work, thats not a very good excuse, should of put it off until I could test it properly

I understand if you guys want to skip this dungeon as result of this, thats cool, I caused a game breaking bug there, I'm sorry about that

For those just coming to this dungeon the problem has been fixed just ran through the dungeon without problems

I do care about any problems that come up and will continue to fix anything that you find and put in improvements as needed

Again sorry for any trouble I caused, I will try to be more careful in future
Last edited by LocalFire on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Dungeons
Komag

Post by Komag »

Glad to hear the issue is resolved :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play