[MOD] The CHAOS Key

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Pandafox

Re: [MOD] The CHAOS Key

Post by Pandafox »

ene wrote:
SpoilerShow
I'm looking for the 3rd skull key which leads to level 8. Also at level 6, I'd like to know what key you need for this door and if a skull key is inside ?

SpoilerShow
Don't worry about this door...
Maybe you can open later, anyway, there is nothing important inside ;)
Pecen

Post by Pecen »

SpoilerShow
yes, you are right, it is a little bug!
Not very important but I fixed it, thanks ;)
SpoilerShow
no problem, now i wonder, how the four goromorgs want see 4 deads, not sure what that mean yet :)

but one thing still bothers me, back at lvl7 i have left one closed door, in west room with line of pits, there are portculis without any button or something. it is possible to open them somehow?
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

Pecen wrote:
SpoilerShow
no problem, now i wonder, how the four goromorgs want see 4 deads, not sure what that mean yet :)

but one thing still bothers me, back at lvl7 i have left one closed door, in west room with line of pits, there are portculis without any button or something. it is possible to open them somehow?
SpoilerShow
the room with the ghosts skeletons you can respawn by pressing the button ?
If here, no, this door is only for the spawned ghosts. You can't open it.
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

Grimfan wrote:I have no shame in admitting that I am stuck in:
SpoilerShow
The secret codes room. 3 and 5 were easy, but I've been trying to get code 7 for ages without success. I have no idea how the rest of you managed to beat it. Blind luck or are all of you geniuses? I'm probably just out of practice solving puzzles -- been playing braindead MMOs for too long!
EDIT: Scratch that. Just solved it.
Tell me :)

Edit: Scratch that, i solved it too.
Last edited by Flohaxn on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pecen

Post by Pecen »

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
oh, i missed the respawn somehow.. But! Im still stuck with and slowly going despered with the 4 deads for 4 goromorgs, dont know if the altars have some purpose, same with the floor panel, and luring spiders in this room have no effect, so what im i suppose to do? Dont tell me, that i have to lure 4 spiders at once :D
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

Pecen wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
oh, i missed the respawn somehow.. But! Im still stuck with and slowly going despered with the 4 deads for 4 goromorgs, dont know if the altars have some purpose, same with the floor panel, and luring spiders in this room have no effect, so what im i suppose to do? Dont tell me, that i have to lure 4 spiders at once :D
SpoilerShow
4 deads... one real dead and 3 parts of a dead body on the altars ;)
Pecen

Post by Pecen »

Pandafox wrote:
Pecen wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
oh, i got it.. i have tried puting skulls on the altars before, but i dont figure out that i must kill one of my characters too...pretty cunning, thx :)
ene

Post by ene »

@Pandafox : thank you, but :
SpoilerShow
can you tell me where to get the 3rd skull key that open this door (with stairs down to level 8) :

I mean, can't progress anymore, i'm stuck badly :roll:
Pecen wrote:
Pandafox wrote:
Pecen wrote:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
oh, i got it.. i have tried puting skulls on the altars before, but i dont figure out that i must kill one of my characters too...pretty cunning, thx :)
SpoilerShow
"Im still stuck with and slowly going despered with the 4 deads for 4 goromorgs, dont know if the altars have some purpose"
where's that? What altars? Not quite sure, but maybe i missed something here, hence my problem :oops:

Last one :D
SpoilerShow
at the green window, there's a specific chest (after the 4 riddles). I noticed you get injured if you hit it. Now there's a 'healing scroll' at level 6 but you need to pay. Since i have no gold coin, i can't take it. Can you use the healing sroll on the chest? is that chest important?
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

I don't understand your question....
The chest must be open and you can take what there is inside ;) nothing else
SpoilerShow
the last skull key is inside the chest
ene

Post by ene »

ok,
SpoilerShow
feel pretty bad now, i don't know how in the hell why but i did not touch that damn chest. Only thing i did was try to hit, even cast fireball on it :oops: . I think what bothered me it's because i thought the chest was a bit too far to be able to touch it. 'Mission failed because of a (unlocked) chest' :oops: oh well, whatever, i've got the last skull key at least :D . Thanks a bunch Pandafox anyway :)