[Models] New created Models..

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
germanny

Re: [Models] New created Models..

Post by germanny »

More shots, VI altar model and broken metal door (i managed to replace it with a real door, so destroy OR open is possible) added.
And pillars^^
SpoilerShow
Dungeon Master Resource Pack worker and passionated Beer drinker
germanny

Post by germanny »

Woddoor breakable added!
SpoilerShow
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

I never did play the old games. What are the funny things in the alcove?
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Grimfan

Post by Grimfan »

Neikun wrote:I never did play the old games. What are the funny things in the alcove?
I'm assuming its a resurrection alcove. When one of your characters dies his or her gear drops to the floor and they then become a skeleton. You then have to take the remains back to the resurrection alcove so your character can get brought back to life (which can also be several level away).

For this reason, LoG mods that mimic the old DM series generally don't have healing crystals, because that would make the resurrection alcoves obsolete.

I really hate the mechanic actually, and just reload from my last save when it happens.
crisman

Post by crisman »

Grimfan wrote:I really hate the mechanic actually, and just reload from my last save when it happens.
Yeah, pretty much the same for me, but not because I had to pick up the skeletons and bring them back on an altar, but because when someone dies all of his inventory items will drop on the floor. :roll:
Radar6590

Post by Radar6590 »

This is probably one of the coolest threads on here. You have a great ability to translate the simple 2D pixel art into attractive, finished looking 3 models that retain the original feel. I applaud you, sir.
Check out my painted portraits here! Thanks for viewing. :)
germanny

Post by germanny »

Neikun wrote:I never did play the old games. What are the funny things in the alcove?
Grimfan describes it. Necessary for a DM/CsB remake.
crisman wrote:
Grimfan wrote:I really hate the mechanic actually, and just reload from my last save when it happens.
Yeah, pretty much the same for me, but not because I had to pick up the skeletons and bring them back on an altar, but because when someone dies all of his inventory items will drop on the floor. :roll:
Hate that too sometimes^^ But on the other side, a player acts much more careful if he advanced deeper into dungeon if he knows he must run back..
In DM, the VI altars were placed very well, so this was no big deal at all.
And the DM dungeon has a shortcut way, so you get fast to locations that are explored before.
For that, i have build 'resting' places at the junctions, store items and food there and explore further on with only essential equipment, and go back to eat, reequipping.
DM was a well brainstormed game, this was one point of its sucess - beside the modern '3D' graphics and athmosphere (to speak from a 1988´s view xD)
Radar6590 wrote:This is probably one of the coolest threads on here. You have a great ability to translate the simple 2D pixel art into attractive, finished looking 3 models that retain the original feel. I applaud you, sir.
Thx, very welcome. It was my goal to resurrect that look. Only the ceiling is different, but flat as original looks no good in log.
skan

Post by skan »

germanny wrote:Thx, very welcome. It was my goal to resurrect that look. Only the ceiling is different, but flat as original looks no good in log.
Mhmh, I think you should give it a try with a soft bump (more like concrete than stone, so to speak).
Anyway, awesome work dude, the DM assets simply rule! They make me feel...younger! ;)
Dungeon-crawling is not a crime!
germanny

Post by germanny »

skan wrote:
germanny wrote:Thx, very welcome. It was my goal to resurrect that look. Only the ceiling is different, but flat as original looks no good in log.
Mhmh, I think you should give it a try with a soft bump (more like concrete than stone, so to speak).
Anyway, awesome work dude, the DM assets simply rule! They make me feel...younger! ;)
I know. The sets whole bumpmapping is a liiitle bit too strong. Now as it is 99% complete, i can´t change that in an easy way.
Bake all normal maps again is no solution, and soften with potoshop is a pain because of patchwork textures and would influence the seamless tiling^^
All is 200% easier if pillars are used to cover seams..
skan

Post by skan »

germanny wrote: I know. The sets whole bumpmapping is a liiitle bit too strong. Now as it is 99% complete, i can´t change that in an easy way.
Bake all normal maps again is no solution, and soften with potoshop is a pain because of patchwork textures and would influence the seamless tiling^^
All is 200% easier if pillars are used to cover seams..
Oh, I was referring to the ceiling only, just to achieve the "infinity" effect of the original DM. I Don't think the overall bump is too strong, it's quite perfect.
But honestly, now that I've looked closer, the ceiling is gorgeous like that, with wood and spiderwebs! :D
Dungeon-crawling is not a crime!