[Models] New created Models..

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
germanny

Re: [Models] New created Models..

Post by germanny »

Neikun wrote:That secret button is so tiny! No one will see that in game. You devil.
:lol: :twisted: Yeah^^
There is such tiny button in dm as well, it has to be there :ugeek:
Dungeon Master Resource Pack worker and passionated Beer drinker
crisman

Post by crisman »

Your wall set is becoming incredibly astonishing! I can't wait to see it in action :)
And I love that button! As Neikun said, it's evil, yes... but it's a dungeon, after all!
What did you expect? Secret buttons with an arrow neon sign on top of it? :mrgreen:
Let''s just hope the secret it conceal contains a full set of valor armor and not a single pitroot bread...
I remember the first time I saw the rune button in the original Grimrock, I was something like this :shock: :o
That was a really cool surprise! ^_^
germanny

Post by germanny »

All went straight forward now, most probs that occured are eliminated^^
But the whole project consumes so much time, i barely meet with friends for now. :geek:
Texture creation is the most work of all, choose the right base, make seamless tiles, make specular maps and a bumpmap for baking - and so on..

There are some glitches left - the edges (no pillars!) are a big prob. I have edge walls, but only for blank walltile.
The others - fountain, alcove, scratch...etc. need a version with corrected corners, too. That counts three versions xtra for each!
Left, right and both edges. AND those edge tiles must set manually in dungeon.
I can´t do all that in a hurry, so i left it as it is now.

Beside that, DM has a huge amount of different and special walls, doors and buttons.
This is in fact a mission for a whole year, if done in freetimes as it is for me^^
I am unhappy with some things i´ve made, too. There is much that can be done in a better way.

I release soon a basic set first, and will upload additions from time to time then.
Leki

Post by Leki »

germanny wrote:All went straight forward now, most probs that occured are eliminated^^
But the whole project consumes so much time, i barely meet with friends for now. :geek:
Texture creation is the most work of all, choose the right base, make seamless tiles, make specular maps and a bumpmap for baking - and so on..

There are some glitches left - the edges (no pillars!) are a big prob. I have edge walls, but only for blank walltile.
The others - fountain, alcove, scratch...etc. need a version with corrected corners, too. That counts three versions xtra for each!
Left, right and both edges. AND those edge tiles must set manually in dungeon.
I can´t do all that in a hurry, so i left it as it is now.

Beside that, DM has a huge amount of different and special walls, doors and buttons.
This is in fact a mission for a whole year, if done in freetimes as it is for me^^
I am unhappy with some things i´ve made, too. There is much that can be done in a better way.

I release soon a basic set first, and will upload additions from time to time then.
Good job m8. Just keep that way.
Btw, I fully understand what are you talking about... Now imagine that I labor with animations and scripts (+GUI script), hahaha...
Someone cay say: "This si madness...", right?
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
germanny

Post by germanny »

Leki wrote: Good job m8. Just keep that way.
Btw, I fully understand what are you talking about... Now imagine that I labor with animations and scripts (+GUI script), hahaha...
Someone cay say: "This si madness...", right?
Yeah, you do a coool job, really! To do scripting and animation beside.. this is impossible for me, i´m not that fast anymore..
Animated chars? - i have thrown that away for now, i dont want to fiddle uselesss hours on that without a proper import function.
I cant even set up a rig w. armature without knowledge how to import that into LoG, have to wait if someone comes up with a full working monster.
As you said, make a proper animation last looong ^_^ If something i do is not proper to import, its useless work and i can begin new on.
Nope! :)
Leki

Post by Leki »

germanny wrote: Yeah, you do a coool job, really! To do scripting and animation beside.. this is impossible for me, i´m not that fast anymore..
Animated chars? - i have thrown that away for now, i dont want to fiddle uselesss hours on that without a proper import function.
I cant even set up a rig w. armature without knowledge how to import that into LoG, have to wait if someone comes up with a full working monster.
As you said, make a proper animation last looong ^_^ If something i do is not proper to import, its useless work and i can begin new on.
Nope! :)
Well, I cannot feel my right hand because of damned carpal tunel :evil: but still - it's good way to keep your mind fresh and think out of the box if you work on different tasks... and no I am not fast, actually I am slow as hell, but I try to work smart to get maximum with minimum... And thanks! Feedback is the only thing what keeps me on my way. It's good to know that people are interested in my work :D
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
germanny

Post by germanny »

Leki wrote: Well, I cannot feel my right hand because of damned carpal tunel :evil: but still - it's good way to keep your mind fresh and think out of the box if you work on different tasks... and no I am not fast, actually I am slow as hell, but I try to work smart to get maximum with minimum... And thanks! Feedback is the only thing what keeps me on my way. It's good to know that people are interested in my work :D
Carpal tunnel syndrome? Then it may be better to relax a while, before it becomes worse!
And yes, sometimes a little bit of positive feedback is necessary, most people - incl. me - here are very interested in your mod proj.
I notice the.. euphoria.. about all that here cools down a little bit in general, a normal process.
What i do here is at first a mission for myself, I want to have a new DM style dungeon, so i make it! No matter if people find this is cool or not.
Grimfan

Post by Grimfan »

Hi germanny,

I'm quite excited by this tileset, as just like the skull and mine tilesets it's different from the dungeon, temple and prison tilsets I currently use. I particularly like the little features (the plants and mushrooms) and since I'm already using most of your custom assets (thanks for the different tables particularly) I'd certainly find a place for this tileset as well.

Keep up the great work! :)
germanny

Post by germanny »

I now come closer to a first release - about mid february+x (hopeful^^)
I´m working on the stairs up/down now.
After that i have left the pit + trapdoor, big wallbutton, a pillar (must have at least one) and ceiling pit.
Then it´s basic complete and can used without limits.
Many DM-related assets are left (golden doors, fulya, golden keys+locks.. rest of the doors and so on.)
Will add those via updates then.

Some shots:
SpoilerShow
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

That secret door reminds me of another game I played where a secret door would only half open. But it'd be enough for the player to grab the items and see the other side of the passage.

That could be cool. Really hard to do in Grimrock though.

Also, if you don't mind, could you send me the specular map of your golden doors? I need a little inspiration.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!