Everything is scriptable

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
cookiemonster16

Re: Everything is scriptable

Post by cookiemonster16 »

I just hope all of the amazing assets from Log1 will be in whatever you guys are working on.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

@Komag: these are great news. Like I said many times before, I love the LoG-Editor cause it is very flexible like it is.
And when the New-Editor (or LoG) will be released few month later, I have no problem to mod with the curent one. The commnunity has already done very good job to expand the LoG-Editor (espacially you with your wonderful Scripts & Functions) and it is littlebit strange feeling to know that we will leave it soon (or not so soon?) :mrgreen:
I hope the new editor will be as powerful as the current one (without all the content already created by the community).

lg Wanderer
My first LoG-Mod: Abandoned Places 2
takis76

Post by takis76 »

And something very important, everything was created for Legend of Grimrock 1, be compatible to Legend of Grimrock 2.
We don't know yet if they create the Legend of Grimrock 2.

Might they create other game, which will use a similar improved engine as Legend of Grimrock and be a different game.
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

True taki, anything is possible.

Even if they do that though when we know the game will be extremely similiar. (the screen shots confirm that with only a little doubt). Then it would still be best if the old assets can be moved over. They'll need utility items like flasks and skulls anyway. No need to make new ones.(Okay that may be the voice of a lazy man speaking.)
I am the God of darkness and corruption.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4250
takis76

Post by takis76 »

The screenshot in the blog presents new wallsets for Legend of Grimrock.
There is a small hint about log1 which means there will be and log2, but we are not sure yet ;)
Montis

Post by Montis »

IF it's LoG2 or just an expansion for LoG1, it would be nice to have the custom dungeons from LoG1 still working on it (as a kind of legacy support). Thus no one would feel they're wasting their time :)
When destiny calls, the chosen have no choice.

My completed dungeon (LoG1): Hypercube
Komag

Post by Komag »

If it's even close then a converter could be made, basically just a big ol' text search and replace for the dungeon.lua file in its basic form.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

I believe that is exactly where we are at Komag. That seems to be the likely scenario for us, as modders.
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

I envision some popular mods being upgraded to the new engine, and feature some improvements and what not.

When you get down to it, created a mod in Almost Human's next project, using a mod made in LoG's editor will be so much easier than trying to create one from an older game.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!