[MOD] the warlock (maybe from firetop mountain)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Kuningas

Re: warlock of firetop mountain

Post by Kuningas »

Take your time.

I actually had this in mind as well, I have such fond memories of the books that are translated into Finnish (Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Citaldel of Chaos (I think), and The City of Thieves (if it was that in english, I've only seen the finnish version.) There is also the Forest of Horrors, but it's Finnish translation is something of a myth in the northern part of my country that I inhabit.

Furthermore, there is a (somewhat flawed) boardgame version of this, which has a more nonlinear map. In theory, one could adapt it's gameplay mechanic into a random-spawn dungeon that'd be different every time. It'd take some work to make it really fun, I reckon. It is divided into about 3 fairly different levels. I have the boardgame, so I can draw you a map if you wish. I am pretty sure it is available on the internet as well. Here is a link with a picture (and details elsewhere on the site): http://boardgamegeek.com/image/12618/th ... size=large

And finally, if you need help I am willing to do what I can.
BASILEUS
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

I already have this boardgame :D and it's very fun to play, oldschool power!

As I said before, the original book was just a start for me. as we don't have any goblins, werewolves, dragons, wizards, it's pretty complicate to make a good adaptation. So, there are similarities wih the book, but even my story is set in grimrock world... so you'll see! :mrgreen:
ad&d / ff / d&d
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I loved the Fighting Fantasy series and their counterparts, not able to afford them all I would borrow them from a friend or buy them second hand when they appeared. Russ Nicholson made them even more special, his artwork is amazing. Will follow with interest.
Kuningas

Post by Kuningas »

pulpum wrote:I already have this boardgame :D and it's very fun to play, oldschool power!
In a manner, it really is. But when we go boardgaming, we always get too many people on board ; D. Three players was more or less the maximum for this game for us for it to be fun...
BASILEUS
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

Long time no see :)

I finally moved in a new house, and my internet came back, finally, this weekend... I'm finishing intro / outro. I SERIOUSLY hope to release my dungeon this week. I try as hard as I can... :)
ad&d / ff / d&d
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

here we go!

My mod is almost finished.

I have a few things to do left, but I need beta test!

do 2 or 3 people wants to do the thing?

you're welcome! :P
ad&d / ff / d&d
Kuningas

Post by Kuningas »

I would, but life is hectic right now. I need to finish my one-room-dungeon contribution as fast as possible, and there is this little thing called real life that got very loud at me this week, so I've actually spent little time on Grimrock...

But I eagerly await for the release! I had almost forgotten this, it is good to see you back!
BASILEUS
pulpum

Re: [MOD] warlock of firetop mountain

Post by pulpum »

I'm still looking for beta testers... :mrgreen:
ad&d / ff / d&d
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

ok!

http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/175/

here it is!

go help Uttermost, and find the truth about a famous "grotto" ;)

probably with bugs, or things that don't work.

taste it, and tell me what you dislike / like! :mrgreen:

again, thanks to all of you... :P
ad&d / ff / d&d
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

I was in lev5 when I got teleported to level 4 (spider area). I clear all spiders, found blue gem down, but cannot get outside this area. Upper doors are locked (keyhole on the other side), no other visible way, tried find some switch / invis wall, but cant :/
any advice ?
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis