Lvl 3 Pillars of light

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Thangran

Lvl 3 Pillars of light

Post by Thangran »

After purchase i made it to lvl 3 and figured out most of it. I am now at a point where there is a bar gate where you press the wall and it opens to reveal a spider. kill that then press the button on the wall to open a gate door where you run quick before it shuts again. Upon the gate shutting two more spiders come at me and i am trapped at the door. I manage to kill 1 but I only had 1 poison cure and with the damage they do and the poison my party gets wiped. The spell casting is so slow, why is there not a single icon to click to cast the spell once you learned it. the game does not pause to cast spells and by the time i remember what combo to use both my front men are poisoned and almost dead. Any ideas on how to get past these spiders if you dont have any poison cures?
Komag

Re: Lvl 3 Pillars of light

Post by Komag »

fight them one by one while running backward a lot and go back to the crystal to heal everyone if you need to, then back to the spider area
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Thangran

Post by Thangran »

Thanks, i did make it past that point only to find mass spiders. Their damage, attack speed and poison is way to much compared to my party lvl and damage to inflict. If you can get them 1 on 1 maybe. two spiders at once, no way.
Komag

Post by Komag »

you never have to take on two at a time if you aways lure them back one at a time and just go back back back!
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Hatti

Post by Hatti »

it took me a couple tries to get past this. try not to get cornered. if memory serves me, there is the gate open button near by, if you can press that quick enough, you can lure the spiders into the tunnels and fight them there.
Thangran

Post by Thangran »

Thats what i did. Hit the button and ran back out of the room. But there are many more spiders past that point and If your out of poison cure potions then what? Spiders do hit damage and poison. When you under attack you have to cure the poison, heal the wounds and attack at the same time while remembering what combo to use to cast a spell. Did i mention opening different bags to get to the cures. oh and then one comes in behind you so you cant retreat. I love this game and hate it at the same time. I'm sure i'll figure it out. :twisted:
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Thangran wrote:Thats what i did. Hit the button and ran back out of the room. But there are many more spiders past that point and If your out of poison cure potions then what? Spiders do hit damage and poison. When you under attack you have to cure the poison, heal the wounds and attack at the same time while remembering what combo to use to cast a spell.
At the moment spiders may seem strong to you, so try to fight only one at a time. But fear not, later in the game they become more annoyance than dangerous.

Poison is not such a big deal as it looks. Keep Antivenom potions for your back-row while your front-row gets Healing potions. After all spiders are dispatched find a room you can close and then rest. Characters Health regeneration while resting is a lot higher then the infliceted poison does damage, so even poisoned they heal up.

In addition poison wears off by itself over time ;)
Hatti

Post by Hatti »

besides, getting cornered and brutalized is one of the fun parts of this game genre. it's happened to me many a times starting with DM back in the 80s.

it's like justice for the monsters. "hit and run eh? *whack* where you gonna run now huh? *whack* where you gonna run? *whack*"
FlashSoul

Post by FlashSoul »

I wouldn't bother at all with anti-venom in your situation.