Grimrock will not start! (Steam via Humble Bundle)

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Eldaw

Grimrock will not start! (Steam via Humble Bundle)

Post by Eldaw »

I bought Legend Of Grimrock today in the humble bundle, got the key and activvated it on Steam. I appeared to download correctly with no disturbances. The problem however is when I start in through Steam and from the file in windows explorer it will not start.

I have tried installing c++ and installing the direct x file in the Grimrock program files folder. I have restarted steam, my pc and have verified integrity of game chache. But it will still not start.

PLEASE Can I have some help to fixing the problem,

Many thanks - Eldaw :D

Also I am using Windows 7 64bit ( If you need to know my specs leave a comment )
Dr.Disaster

Re: Grimrock will not start! (Steam via Humble Bundle)

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Right-click LoG in Steam Client. Select "Properties" -> "Local Files".
The game files should sum up to 720 MB. It they don't delete the local files and re-download.

Just in case: what's your grafics card? and: are current drivers installed?
TK3D

Post by TK3D »

When I started LoG for the first time, it took about 10 minutes until I got to the main menu...since then it starts up quickly.
Eldaw

Post by Eldaw »

The files do add up to 720MB. And my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M. I will check If I have got the latest drivers, then I will let you know. Many thanks.
eis

Post by eis »

Identical issue here. Windows 7, 64-bit, Geforce GTX 560 Ti.
eis

Post by eis »

And the solution mentioned for Windows 8, of installing DirectX, fixed it for me too. Go to

[Legend of Grimrock folder]\DirectX\

and run DXSetup.exe. After that, works fine in all of Steam client, running from desktop shortcut and running directly.

Solution copied from threads
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4455
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4433