(WIP's) Mal's Emporium Magnifica

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Mal85

(WIP's) Mal's Emporium Magnifica

Post by Mal85 »

Hey, just a place for my current and ongoing projects. Trying to tackle a few little things here and there and brush up on my modeling, still learning the ropes so things are sure to go slowly.
Hopefully I will be able to give back something to the community eventually that others can use in their Grimrock maps. Just a little teaser of the Eye Tyrant I'm working on right now.
Going for the classic AD&D look, any suggestions or critiques welcome. Also the little nubs are where the eye stalks are going to be protruding from and will be animated as well.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
LordYig

Re: (WIP's) Mal's Emporium Magnifica

Post by LordYig »

Nice start !
Looks like a z-brush or mudbox render ! 8-)
pferguso

Post by pferguso »

Gorgeous!! I truly hope this makes it into a dungeon soon! Nice modeling skills! I have been tinkering in Sculptris recently. What program did you use for this?
Mal85

Post by Mal85 »

Thank you for the kind words!
Created the basic geometry in Maya and moved it into Zbrush, all in all about 15 minutes of work at the point of these screenies using a Wacom tablet and some alphas for the texturing.
Mal85

Post by Mal85 »

Was hoping to get a lot more done today but technical troubles arose which I have hopefully got worked out :) Bloody eyestalks took me forever to work out, but I think they are beginning to look alright.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Mal85

Post by Mal85 »

It's been awhile I know since I have updated this. Real life has been a bit of a blur as of late. I am really liking how the model is coming along and within a short amount of time I will be Poly-painting him up and getting him ready for the rigging process (of which I am a complete noob!). I promised you guys I would get this thing out, and due to an unfortunate loss of my dungeon (8 levels gone). I am aiming my attention back to modeling and animation. Once I get this guy out a gnashing down some hapless party members, I will be able to work more on animation and maybe even help animate some of the rad monsters floating around as I know we are short on animators.

I plan to do a classic AD&D red scheme for him, from the old hardback monster manual cover. But I know you guys are ganna want a few varieties a these beasties, so scheme suggestions are welcome! Yup, and a pic of the current model to wet your appetites.
SpoilerShow
Last edited by Mal85 on Sat May 25, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

Please make this happen
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Ryeath_Greystalk

Post by Ryeath_Greystalk »

That thing is really freaky looking.
Mal85

Post by Mal85 »

SpoilerShow

Got a bit more done today, teeth and central eye are in place as well as some refining. Should be about ready for the fine details and painting.
SpoilerShow
Mal85

Post by Mal85 »

Just a few snaps from my new dungeon tileset I been working on lately. It's been dubbed The Muckhold Wallset and I'll get out to you guys here as soon as I get this where I am satisfied it look's good. Few screens of it so far, ganna add alot more "wetness" with the specular maps eventually, but right now just focusing on color and feel.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
PS: mad respect for all who have completed a full wallset, quite the chore indeed!