Windows 1.3.6 beta

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
petri

Windows 1.3.6 beta

Post by petri »

We're now preparing for the launch of 1.3.6 on all platforms and we're going to have a super quick beta on Windows to make sure no new bugs have slipped in. If you'd like to participate in the beta please go to Library -> Legend of Grimrock -> Properties -> Betas in your Steam client and select Public Beta from the dropdown.

Changes since 1.3.1:
- added new graphics option Render Quality, setting it to low may increase frame rate dramatically on low end systems
- added new game option Tablet Mode, which enables attacking with left mouse button
- added support for wall and pillar placement for LightSources
- entities with pillar placement can now be placed next to walls in the editor
- added anchorPos, anchorRotation, targetPos and targetSize properties for altar definitions
- added new entity property: class
- added new scripting functions: getMaxLevels(), isWall(level, x, y), Party:setPosition(x, y, facing, level), Monster:setPosition(x, y, facing, level), Monster:getHealth(), Monster:getLevel(), Champion:getFood(), Champion:addTrait(trait, silent), Champion:removeTrait(trait), Champion:hasTrait(trait), Item:getScrollImage(), Item:insertItem(slot, item), Item:removeItem(slot), Item:getItem(slot), Item:getItem(slot)
- added getStatistic(statName) (possible statistics are: "play_time", "monsters_killed", "items_found", "secrets_found", "treasures_found", "toorum_notes_found", "skulls_found", "grimrock_doors_opened", "tiles_moved", "pit_falls", "melee_attacks", "ranged_attacks", "unarmed_attacks", "rocks_thrown", "spells_cast", "potions_mixed")
- added craftingTool property for recipes (support for new crafting tools)
- bug fix: crash when party stops resting and there is a onRest hook but no onWakeUp hook
- lever click box can be adjusted by placing a Node named "lever_node" in the model file
- added new LightSource property: flicker
- added new optional parameter for shootProjectile(): championOrdinal
- added Item:onEquipItem(champion, slot) and Item:onUnequipItem(champion, slot) hooks (works for all inventory slots)
- bug fix: shootProjectile's offsetX, offsetY, offsetZ parameters don't work
- added onDrawGui, onDrawInventory, onDrawSkills, onDrawStats hooks to Party class for implementing custom guis
- corrected grammatical errors (thanks Komag!)
- small tweaks to the Grimrock dungeon
Skuggasveinn

Re: Windows 1.3.6 beta

Post by Skuggasveinn »

Great stuff.

I take it that after the beta this will go live ?
So we can start testing lets say the new GUI, and then continue, and not end up with something we can't use if there is a waiting period between beta and release ?

Skuggasveinn.
Link to all my LoG 2 assets on Nexus.
Link to all my LoG 1 assets on Nexus.
petri

Post by petri »

Yes, we'll go live after the beta.
thomson

Post by thomson »

My birthday is tomorrow and I've just received first gift already. Awesome!

Will test it as soon as I finish my work today.
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
Xanathar

Post by Xanathar »

Wow! Thanks!
Waking Violet (Steam, PS4, PSVita, Switch) : http://www.wakingviolet.com

The Sunset Gate [MOD]: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5563

My preciousss: http://www.moonsharp.org
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

This is very exciting news. I hope to get myself a Retina MBP when I get to Canada (for work... obviously!) and I imagine that Grimrock will run swell on that. There is a massive list of changes below - which is very exciting. Can't wait to see what new mods come out when these features are available. The next '1 Room Per Designer' dungeon is going to be crammed with crazy stuff I can tell.

The new DrawGUI methods are brilliant - I've just been playing with them. I've got a question (or possibly a *very* cheeky request - which I expect you to say no too, but if you don't ask right...); Is there any way, when the user has clicked/touched the screen, to get the exact coordinates for that? This might already exist and not be documented yet, but it would be stunning if there were a g.getClickPosition() method which returns 'nil' if the mouse is not down or the screen coordinates of the mouse if the mouse is down (I'm trying to think of a touch compatible solution). So sorry if this is asking for just 'one more thing' on something that is already exceptionally stunning and way beyond expectations - but I was just thinking about dragging custom GUI items around the screen and that would be exceptionally easy with this method!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

I didn't read it in the bugfix/changelog, so did you also fix the crash where typing ']' or '[' into the asset browser caused a crash to desktop?

Dunno how much time I'll have to test the beta, but I'll give it a shot.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
petri

Post by petri »

I'll update the docs soon (probably tomorrow)....
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

You guys are doing such a phenomenal job supporting the modding community.
Grimwold

Post by Grimwold »

This may be a bug.. I went into options and changed the rendering quality to low... which immediately crashed grimrock... now I can't load the game at all because it crashes every time.

OK.. I'm back in by editing the cfg file and setting renderingQuality = 2