[MOD] The MASTER key.

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Pandafox

[MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by Pandafox »

Hi all !

After 2 months, my dungeon is ready to be shared :D

The MASTER Key.
You can download the data file here : http://www.pandafox.fr/temp/masterkey.dat
or nexus : https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/140

Story is not my cup of tea, I really don't care the story of a Dungeon master like. I only enjoy a dungeon if it is good to play.
Then my story is simple : You must find the MASTER key to escape the DUNGEON ! :mrgreen:

I enjoyed to build and test my dungeon, it was a great experience even if it tooks a lot of my free time.
My model was DUNGEON MASTER, my best game forever. I tried to make a dungeon in the same spirit...
I tested it a lot and a lot of times, and I am 99,9% sure there is no problem, it is playable but maybe only good players can finish it :D
To finish it, I need around 5 hours but I know all about it, then for a "normal" player I think... Maybe 7 or 8 hours... or more...
As I am the only one tester I can't say it is a very good dungeon even if I would like to :roll:

If someone enjoy to play it I should be happy !

Have fun !
Last edited by Pandafox on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
leewroy

Re: [MOD] The MASTER key.

Post by leewroy »

Count me in to play it :)

Lemme just finish the other modules I´ve been stuck first ;)
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

200mbs?
I smell custom assets.

I hope I play this sometime.
I have a huge list of mods to play.
I have a huge list of mods to make.

Sometimes those lists fight each other.
Making usually wins because I'm a creator at heart.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Komag

Post by Komag »

I'm too busy trying to finish my dungeon by next week, but I'll try to play it sometime after that :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

I will play and feedback

Thanks

:)
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

Most excellent dungeon so far !!!
Got stuck on level 9. After getting the temple key there and defeating the crabs is a passage where the walls move up and down. I cannot continue there, and the way back shut down too. I found a secret button which opens a room with the ancient axe, and another secret button which has no apparent effect.
Gimme a hint, i want to finish it :)
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

Flohaxn wrote:Most excellent dungeon so far !!!
Got stuck on level 9. After getting the temple key there and defeating the crabs is a passage where the walls move up and down. I cannot continue there, and the way back shut down too. I found a secret button which opens a room with the ancient axe, and another secret button which has no apparent effect.
Gimme a hint, i want to finish it :)
I am happy you like it ;)
SpoilerShow
Did you find the secret button on the wall at the end of the passage where the walls move ? just push it and the last closed wall opens...

edit :
I just tested now and there is a problem :oops: because I know where to walk to open the good walls, maybe I didn't saw all the possibilities. Then this time I tried to move everywhere in this passage, go and back and go left and right and suddenly I am blocked ! :oops: sorry for this ! you shoud save the game just before this passage to be sure to not be blocked. The good way is not so difficult to find. And the last closed wall, you can see a secret button on the left to open it.
Sorry again for this problem. I will fix it.

edit 2 :
The secret button you find and said there is no effect... Yes you are right :? Maybe I was tired when I made this level !
I forgot to link the button to the secret wall. Anyway it is not important. It was only a secret to find a health tome, nothing important but I will fix it...
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Hey dude.

Started your module, played trough th entire first level (or at least I think so) and found most of the stuff on the second, but...
SpoilerShow
1) there' a plate behind a cage and put something there seems to do nothing; 2) there's an iron door that you can acesss after raise the chains from two cellars, but it remains locked after you put stuff on the plates; 3) got all the keys to open the long corridor of iron doors, but I´m stuck at the one with the message sayin' "this door is locked? you didn't find the big buton" or something like that.

Side note: near some spots to the west side I hear a click of a plate being pressed and unpressed, but I can't see it anywhere, and i have put stuff in all the plates I found so far, also in many tiles near the sound I mentioned...

I´m having a fun, nice dungeon :)
Pandafox

Post by Pandafox »

leewroy wrote:Hey dude.

Started your module, played trough th entire first level (or at least I think so) and found most of the stuff on the second, but...
SpoilerShow
1) there' a plate behind a cage and put something there seems to do nothing; 2) there's an iron door that you can acesss after raise the chains from two cellars, but it remains locked after you put stuff on the plates; 3) got all the keys to open the long corridor of iron doors, but I´m stuck at the one with the message sayin' "this door is locked? you didn't find the big buton" or something like that.

Side note: near some spots to the west side I hear a click of a plate being pressed and unpressed, but I can't see it anywhere, and i have put stuff in all the plates I found so far, also in many tiles near the sound I mentioned...

Happy you like it ;)

some answers...
SpoilerShow
1 & 2 : plates are not for the party... plates are not for objects... try to catch monsters inside to open the door ;)
3 : probably the key you need is behind the iron door of your questions 1 & 2 :lol:
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Pandafox wrote:
leewroy wrote:Hey dude.

SpoilerShow

Happy you like it ;)

some answers...
SpoilerShow
1 & 2 : plates are not for the party... plates are not for objects... try to catch monsters inside to open the door ;)
3 : probably the key you need is behind the iron door of your questions 1 & 2 :lol:

I see. I hope the monsters respawn cause I did a true chainsaw massacre on the floor, lol.
Btw...the bug you mentioned today in the top post, makes the game unplayable at some point? I´m lazy to start it all again, considering the first floor was really big... :?

Thanks for replying!