Mac Public Beta in Steam

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
petri

Mac Public Beta in Steam

Post by petri »

Folks, we're getting close to the release of OS X version of Legend of Grimrock and we need a little help with testing. Therefore we are launching a public beta today. To join the beta grab a Steam key from the list below.

*** The keys will expire once the beta is over ***

Old keys:
SpoilerShow
JHMDR-8TRLH-5GY8B
JRIDR-AWNX0-5FXMJ
CQ7W6-2ZIY0-FFLNA
4MQR2-PHKER-4INMX
5GWWF-HJWF2-RMP2J
EG7TH-XIAJV-PWVNE
3PQ7Z-4WFEZ-5HY99
5JLYM-L6N0Y-LH507
PA8L8-FD848-PFD5W
EKXK6-DNTF3-336GY
L76LZ-Z2RJG-N9A0H
WVXJH-BW4C7-GQA4B
7PWDD-D6KJD-M5EAI
V3VFK-95WZ0-HWVH0
VBYGH-K2XG5-VPJYY
6T7GI-FVEHY-53MTA
ABK5I-9ZH0H-YT4HZ
PEIP5-N5LX6-CXBR4
NV7RN-EW2Z4-3LAV2
B48QL-2IVH7-4E5V3
FCDZ3-NB5TN-A5IQK
CZPNF-W4CKE-AV8TK
37F52-380GW-2KL0N
5B7Y3-8CT3X-CVAX3
I3EC0-DEXV0-NZZI4
TVQEA-7XFZN-MIQHJ
3WKL0-2EV8V-00ZW6
9T47W-3M9LX-GNPLY
WD9MW-TMQ8T-I0ZER
A379I-Q9GY7-DLMV8
MP0HA-0BBVX-40D3Y
7ZYXA-EKMC3-58ZB7
P0QN5-37WAZ-K4ET6
C00NX-NTFBI-6APF7
MDHLZ-JJK3V-4QZDI
New keys:
PLAK4-PZ9T8-885XR
2LR0N-5N3RB-BC86I
XLWXC-65MLY-QKGYG
5GAIH-B2ZT7-IPTCX
JZ5LQ-H0H77-Z0E5A
A88ZF-D9YKP-F2ZJ5
4KA79-FJ0Y3-CNAN5
AABW6-W6ITR-GNY7P
8I96D-DKD4V-0ZHIN
FHME0-0IBDB-3V5K8
0D4RC-HG4D9-2G0PN
MM7MX-9GWRF-YT3XQ
LQTLH-YZ3X3-PE7MJ
ZRC37-MVJ6X-K6K4A
9IRV9-8LWF5-LYQAK

System requirements:
- OS X 10.6 or newer
- Graphics card supporting OpenGL 2.1 or later
- 2GB memory

The beta is only available in Steam because it is the best and easiest way for us to patch the game when issues are found.

Please send bug reports and feedback to mac_beta@almosthumangames.com or reply to this thread. Even if you don't have any problems we'd like to know.

Thank you!
Komag

Re: Mac Public Beta in Steam

Post by Komag »

Today is an exciting milestone, congrats on reaching this point! :D
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
thomson

Post by thomson »

antti wrote:Oopsie, actually it seems like the Mac version is not yet accessible for Steam accounts that are not marked to be the developers (I think).
That's ok. You can mark me as developer ;P

Seriously speaking, I've tried to get it. In the preferences -> BETAS I've selected "mac_beta -". After clicking install, it went through the normal couple steps asking if I want desktop icon and finished with information that the game is being downloaded now. Immediately (a second or so) after that I got information that the game is installed and ready to play. I have fast connection, but not that fast. After clicking play, I got error message "Failed to start game (missing executable)".

When I go to LoG properties, there's tab LOCAL FILES. I shows "Disk usage <none>". Clicking browse local files gives me present, but empty Legend of Grimrock directory.

http://i.imgur.com/4xyr9.png

Anyway, test environment is ready and waiting.
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
petri

Post by petri »

The beta should be live now. Please try one of the codes listed in the first post.
nix

Post by nix »

I still cannot find the game in steam store. I enabled the beta participation (steam beta update), but there is no LoG. Is the game possibly region locked? (I'm from Croatia). Thanks.

Nikola
thomson

Post by thomson »

JRIDR-AWNX0-5FXMJ activated. Downloaded without problems. Installation was successful. Started game. Intro was ok, but the music was paused briefly 2 times. Game started normally and looks ok. I will report more once I look around.

Found bug #1. I have number of dungeons subscribed (from steam workshop) on my Windows machine. Once installed on Mac, the same list of dungeons is there. When I click Choose and then Apply it crashes to desktop, without any error messages. Installation of a new dungeon from steam is successful, but still crashes to desktop when trying to play any of them. Uninstalling and reinstalling mods doesn't help.

My laptop details (probably doesn't matter, but included for completeness): Mac OS X 10.6.8, 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 320M, standard screen resolution (1280x800).
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
petri

Post by petri »

thomson wrote:Found bug #1. I have number of dungeons subscribed (from steam workshop) on my Windows machine. Once installed on Mac, the same list of dungeons is there. When I click Choose and then Apply it crashes to desktop, without any error messages. Installation of a new dungeon from steam is successful, but still crashes to desktop when trying to play any of them. Uninstalling and reinstalling mods doesn't help.
Could you please run the following command in Terminal and post the results:
ls -l ~/Library/Application\ Support/Almost\ Human/Legend\ of\ Grimrock/Dungeons/
petri

Post by petri »

nix wrote:I still cannot find the game in steam store. I enabled the beta participation (steam beta update), but there is no LoG. Is the game possibly region locked? (I'm from Croatia). Thanks.
The Mac version is not out yet, so you can't buy it from the store. You can try the Mac beta using the codes listed above for a limited time. Choose Games -> Activate a Product on Steam from the menu in Steam Client.
ninjafoodstuff

Post by ninjafoodstuff »

I've taken the bottomest key. Thanks.
thomson

Post by thomson »

Bug #2 (nit-pick). Desktop icon for Grimrock has Steam icon. It probably should be some kind of gear (as the icon that is shown when switching between apps).