[MOD] Halls of Barrian v1.0.3 released

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Flohaxn

Re: [MOD] Halls of Barrian v1.0 released

Post by Flohaxn »

On the first level, the game crashes when you press the (light) button again after defeating the snail king.
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

aand stuck on the next level (7)

in the middle hall with the 3 doors, where the 2 skeletons drop 2 blue gems. No idea how to open them, the levers on the outside dont do anything. Any hints? :)
Billick

Post by Billick »

Flohaxn wrote:aand stuck on the next level (7)

in the middle hall with the 3 doors, where the 2 skeletons drop 2 blue gems. No idea how to open them, the levers on the outside dont do anything. Any hints? :)
I was a bit worried that one would be difficult to figure out. Here's a hint:
SpoilerShow
This follows the same theme as the other puzzles on the floor
If you still don't get it:
SpoilerShow
The blue gems go in the two corners near to the door when entering the room. After the gems are placed, the 3 doors will open, revealing more skeletons. 2 of them will drops gems that will let you complete the "four corners".
Also, thanks for the bug report. I'll have to decide if I want to upload it again with bug fixes.
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!
Komag

Post by Komag »

If I were you I'd wait another week or so and see if any more bugs or issue come up, then do an update release with all fixes in place :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

Is the Ghost Archer which gets released after opening the 3 doors supposed to be killable? I attacked him for like 5 min or so and he still didnt die. (Note that the damage didnt show up over the archer, only in the icons of my party members).
Billick

Post by Billick »

Flohaxn wrote:Is the Ghost Archer which gets released after opening the 3 doors supposed to be killable? I attacked him for like 5 min or so and he still didnt die. (Note that the damage didnt show up over the archer, only in the icons of my party members).
Hmm... I might have made that too hard to figure out.
SpoilerShow
In order to kill the ghost archer, you have to place the gems dropped by the regular archers in the spots where they spawned. After you do that he becomes killable. I'm wondering if I should make the pressure plates visible.
Me Grimrock no bozo!
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

The problem is then with the damage done to the ghost archer showing on the party members icons; if i see no damage at all it would be obvious something else is needed. Still, maybe a hint along the lines of "greed was his downfall" or such would help some :)
Regarding where i first got stuck, the places where you had to drop the rocks had a distincive click sound, but this was not the case for the placement location of the first 2 gems, it prolly would suffice if you added the sound instead of plates.
Billick

Post by Billick »

Flohaxn wrote:The problem is then with the damage done to the ghost archer showing on the party members icons; if i see no damage at all it would be obvious something else is needed. Still, maybe a hint along the lines of "greed was his downfall" or such would help some :)
Regarding where i first got stuck, the places where you had to drop the rocks had a distincive click sound, but this was not the case for the placement location of the first 2 gems, it prolly would suffice if you added the sound instead of plates.
It should be making a noise. Might be a bug. I think I'm going to revamp this fight a bit in the next version. Thanks for the feedback. Sorry you've been running into so many issues.
Me Grimrock no bozo!
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

I will play this mod which looks great as soon as first st of bugs removed.

No have enough time to play so I prefer play it once bug free :)

Thanks for the mod!!!
Billick

Re: [MOD] Halls of Barrian v1.0.1 released

Post by Billick »

Version 1.0.1 has been released. Several bug fixes have been made, along with some changes to one of the boss fights. I'm hoping to not have to make any additional changes, but please continue to report any bugs found. Thanks!
Me Grimrock no bozo!